Meditation with Talah Rama
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
- StarmanAlex: @WorldBound Ah, you’ve finally made it.
- WorldBound: Woah! StarmanALX?! I knew him!
- Ness' Dad: Thanks for signing Ness’ hat!
- Nate1312: I got to attend the Camp, and all I can say is that you all did a fantastic job making it a truly one-of-a-kind experience. It was fun...
- Mato: Ryan: Thanks for the kind words! I always feel embarrassed when people say stuff like that to me 😛 As for Pokey, here’s his Twitter!...