Merch Watch for Dec. 6, 2011
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...