Weekly Round-Up #34
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
- Dr.x: Thanks. I’ll do that Crav.
- ohgreat: @justin k no, do not do that. Sending a virtual machine with commercial software installed is illegal if you are not authorized to do so.
- Crav: Dr. X, if you’re in chapter 7, just check your ship’s console next to Zarbol. Niiue made it available as soon as you came back.
- Ejruss25: Ah, I remember this game. I distinctly remember being profoundly disturbed by it towards the end. It does a very excellent job of keeping...
- Dr.x: I had fun just reading the pictures just now.