MOTHER 1+2 Trans. Update (Jan. 16)
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
- yellowyOshi398: I like this. It runs the gamut of your usual Mother-esque choices while also throwing in some more obscure games that are still...
- Paul: Until Nintendo gives Mato a cease-and-desist order about the fan translation (at the very least), I’m not convinced that they’re...
- Paul: Didn’t Mato say that he had offered to give the code for the fan translation to Nintendo? Would Nintendo have any reason not to accept...
- CRefice: Pretty good! Except Municipio means Town Hall. So 5/6, not bad!
- L.B. 367: I hope they relesead the game with the translation of Mato, Mato if you read this, i wanna thank you so much for the translation of this...