DIY EarthBound Poster Replacement
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
- Obama: No, there isn’t. And there was literally no point to have done that. This was meant to be in black and white.
- DJMankiewitz: The Japanese game was treated just like any other VC release (which makes sense, because for them, it was). Our’s was clearly...
- next-gen: Eerie sounds I bet originally after liberating masked man mind and after killing Porky there was planned to encounter third final boss in...
- Hendricks266: >Well Giygas Theme,Happy Green Train,Eerie sounds,Masked Man Varation,Sad Theme,Debug Room isn’t in HQ. Giygas Theme:...
- mazoboom: Hi, Hendriks. Thanks for the files. I actually was just looking for them the other day after not being able to find them on my new...