Some More Rare Items
Trying to learn to type Japanese text on QWERTY keyboards can be tricky, so there are lots of games out there to teach Japanese people how to do it. I recently ran across a fan-made MOTHER 2-themed typing game called something like “Gyiyg’ Strikes Back Again”, check it out here!
The story is that after Ness defeated Giygas, Giygas’ spirit still remained. Since Giygas was originally gentle-hearted, Ness feels the need to go save him now. So Robot Ness goes back to try to save Giygas.
To play, you basically type the English letters and dashes you see below the Japanese text when an enemy flies up. If you get it in time, you’ll defeat the enemy and possibly heal yourself too. I don’t know how many stages there are, I got up to Giygas (stage 3 I think) but while taking the above screenshot I died, heh.
Anyway, it’s a neat little diversion and might help you get the hang of how Japanese text is entered using an English/QWERTY keyboard, if you’re just starting to learn the language.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super Nintendo SNES) Complete with Box, Tray, Game, Guide
- lucki_vibrato: Strange how they hate the game. The system is perfect, story too. I love everything about the game. It’s one of my favourites...
- Acedio: I got into band because I thought the trumpet player in Onett was cool
- Lotus_Blue: Well, your translation project of Mother 3 and the translation of Earthbound mangas has certainly inspired me to perhaps consider a...
- hunter: Earthbound remains to this day one of my favorite games and if not for the Mother series I might not be going to school for game design....
- Anonymous: I… I… Oh my god it…. Its so beautiful I…. I just can’t…. This is…. I… Oh god, its...