EarthBound Fortress 2: Episode 1
Amish Chipmunk recently put together a collection of ringtones for phones that MOTHER series fans might like:
In this archive are a number of ringtones and text (SMS) tones. As they currently are, they’re intended for the iPhone. Assuming you have the current version of iOS on your iPhone, installing them should be as easy as unpacking the archive, opening the files in iTunes, then dropping them on to your iPhone.
However, they’re still in fine condition if you don’t use an iPhone. All the files are in .m4r format, so if your phone can use that, you’re good to go. If your phone can’t handle that format, .m4r is really .m4a [that is to say, AAC encoding], so just change the file extension to .m4a, open in your favorite audio editor, and export in whatever format you prefer.
Changes to original source material are extremely minimal. Some silence has been added to starts and ends so that the tones won’t be chopped prematurely (an issue with many players, such as iPhones), and selections have been shortened for long pieces.
- “Bus!”, Earthbound, remixed by Shadow– (original source)
- “Main Title Theme”, Earthbound
- “Misplaced Revenge”, Mother 3
Text (SMS) Tones:
- “Attack 1″, Earthbound
- “Item Get 1″, Earthbound
- “Item Get 2″, Earthbound
- “Main Title Theme” [Severely shortened], Earthbound
- “Okdesuka”, Earthbound
- “Skyrunner”, Earthbound
And here’s the file containing them all:
I don’t have an iPhone or anything even close to the capabilities of modern phones, so I can’t try this out. So lemme know what you guys think!
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to MOTHER 2 & 3 Ringtones
Leave a reply
- NESter: Ugh…why Mother 1+2? The graphics are squashed, the sound degraded…I can’t stand the “fuzzy” sound of the Game...
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true
- Brandon: This looks better than the NES version in so many ways! They should try Earthbound using Mother 3′s graphics. It would be so cool....
- Mato: I think it’s 1+2 only, as it uses my translation tools to insert the text.
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?