MOTHER 3 in Retro Gamer
I saw this posted on Reddit just now (link) and had to share it here:
This is more or less how I saw it for a long time when I first played EarthBound too (I think I saw the mustache as more of a mouth or something though). To this day I still sometime accidentally look at it that way, I think it was because of the slightly different perspective the ghost has compared to all the other NPCs that face directly in one direction or another.
Has anyone else seen it this way? Or mis-seen any other graphics in the series? I think Pokey’s sprite is an often-referenced instance, although I never had trouble with that one.
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Mis-seeing the EarthBound Ghost
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...