MOTHER Remake Hack: Title Screen Music
If you were playing Nintendo games in the 80s or very early 90s, you probably know who Howard Phillips is – he was basically the face of Nintendo, Nintendo Power, and the Nintendo Fun Club in those early years. For more info, see this Wikipedia article.
Anyway, he’s recently been posting some really cool stuff on Facebook like unknown game prototypes and rare promo materials from the early Nintendo days. He also recently did an AMA on Reddit and someone asked him about his thoughts on EarthBound Zero. His response was:
I remember it well – it was quirky and fun but unfortunately, timing was awful – we had the 4-game series Dragon (Quest) Warrior series queued up for release as the game was a huge hit in Japan and Final Fantasy was out as well and gathering an even bigger head of steam – great game but there were better (?) ones…
You can see more responses to his response here.
While I’m on the subject, he’s also working on a new game-related project you can read about here. I don’t know much about it but he seems pretty passionate about the project.
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Howard Phillips on EarthBound Zero
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?