EarthBound Price Update (Aug 2012)
If you were playing Nintendo games in the 80s or very early 90s, you probably know who Howard Phillips is – he was basically the face of Nintendo, Nintendo Power, and the Nintendo Fun Club in those early years. For more info, see this Wikipedia article.
Anyway, he’s recently been posting some really cool stuff on Facebook like unknown game prototypes and rare promo materials from the early Nintendo days. He also recently did an AMA on Reddit and someone asked him about his thoughts on EarthBound Zero. His response was:
I remember it well – it was quirky and fun but unfortunately, timing was awful – we had the 4-game series Dragon (Quest) Warrior series queued up for release as the game was a huge hit in Japan and Final Fantasy was out as well and gathering an even bigger head of steam – great game but there were better (?) ones…
You can see more responses to his response here.
While I’m on the subject, he’s also working on a new game-related project you can read about here. I don’t know much about it but he seems pretty passionate about the project.
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Howard Phillips on EarthBound Zero
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...