Random Post:

Fan-made Ness Plush
+LoveT MOTHER3 logo T-shirts EarthBound Used size XS Hobo Nikkan Itoi 2006

October 18th, 2012 | EarthBound

While cleaning out my spam folder (which sadly often has lots of legit e-mails :( ) I noticed this e-mail and thought I’d share it and see what ideas people can come up with:

Hi! My name is Alison and I stumbled upon your Earthbound website. I lovvvved the game as a kid, and I’m lucky enough to still have a copy of it for SNES. I am interested in getting a half sleeve with various characters/settings from the game and was hoping you could give me some ideas? Obviously the main characters are a must, but I was wondering if you knew of any outlandish bosses or other interesting game aspects that would make a killer tattoo? Thanks in advance!

Now, I’m sure this will result in comments saying how tattoos are stupid, etc. That’s not the issue here, so please don’t bother with those.

I’m genuinely curious to know – what are some good EarthBound things/characters/enemies that would make an interesting tattoo? Share your thoughts in the comments!

34 Comments to EarthBound Tattoo Ideas

msprout said on Oct. 18, 2012

i’ve considered getting an earthbound tattoo because it has made up a large portion of my life so far. the most obvious answer is the starman insignia on the chest or shoulder.

however, i have also considered having the meteor with the beam of light and buzzbuzz put on the bicep muscle.

ooh and what about a curious mr. saturn somewhere silly, like the butt?

msprout said on Oct. 18, 2012

I GOT IT- SCRATCH AND SNIFF TATTOO THAT SMELLS LIKE PIZZA.

Tourist said on Oct. 18, 2012

I can’t think of a better Mother character to immortalize than the Forgotten Man.

tapi said on Oct. 18, 2012

dungeon man and kraken obviously.

Vowswithin said on Oct. 18, 2012

Nothing is more bad-ass then the Kraken… and I love Belch… but that is just my opinion.

resetsurvivor said on Oct. 18, 2012

If it’s a sleeve, you have to include the Mani Mani statue.

Rhyselinn said on Oct. 18, 2012

I feel this should be mentioned somewhere here.

Bii Kitty Noir said on Oct. 18, 2012

I’ve considered getting the earth symbol from the MOTHER boxes on my right hip to counterpoint a moon tattoo I have on my left hip.

A starman insignia would be neat, but I have no idea where I’d put it…

HpBoost said on Oct. 18, 2012

There is a version of these twin dragons from the sanctuary that is found in the M3 guidebook that I love. Awesome king of stylized ying-yang thing. If I were ever to get a tattoo, that would be it. (Or a Megaman X health bar that I fill up with my accomplishments)

HpBoost said on Oct. 18, 2012

kind*

mew2ds said on Oct. 18, 2012

what are you going for… mother 1, 2, or 3?
if you want a mother tattoo, get the magic dragon,
for mother 2, the kraken, or a shark gang insignia.
and mother 3… possibly the pignose.
but the most recognizable might be just a starman.

Anonymous said on Oct. 18, 2012

the Franklin badge on either side of the chest

Anne Noise said on Oct. 18, 2012

I have been trying to think of a decent Earthbound tattoo for years. I want to get Giygas tattoo’d somewhere on me, but how do you pin down what, exactly, he looks like? So I’m thinking the Mani Mani Statue, or maybe even something as simple as the abstract of a PSI Special or something.

0mike0b said on Oct. 18, 2012

Favorite PSI move effect

Halloween said on Oct. 18, 2012

The bosses of course.

asdf said on Oct. 18, 2012

I don’t think tattoos are stupid at all. But I do think video game tattoos are EXTREMELY stupid.

LakituAl said on Oct. 18, 2012

The Sesame Seeds.

Or, if you want something more recognizable, a Mr. Saturn ladder.

PSIcho said on Oct. 19, 2012

Giygas

SUPA FRANKY said on Oct. 19, 2012

Ok, well I am going to ask as a favor since THIS IS NOT COMPLETE but this is MY current MOTHER tattoo I am working on. I got the Ness 7 years ago (It was posted on Something Awful and at Starmen.net… I am known as Oda-sama there) And everything else is from the past few months. Please dont repost this pic. Not until its done. I actually just got the Flint and Hinawa done a few hours ago. What are your thoughts?

SUPA FRANKY said on Oct. 19, 2012

BTW the pic is from a mirror so its all backwards

PKStarluv said on Oct. 19, 2012

I sometimes would draw a kraken on my ankle with sharpies, it looks pretty cool :)

Alex said on Oct. 20, 2012

I would definitely go with the Mother-oriented Blue Marble logo, or the Franklin Badge… although a Kraken is pretty cool.

Hameba said on Oct. 21, 2012

Negative Man – Mother 3
Minerali – Mother 3
Fenomeno – Mother 3
Boa Transistor – Mother 3
Hippo Launcher – Mother 3

justin said on Oct. 21, 2012

the runaway five bus, giant steps, happy happist cultist, bubble gum monkey, tessy

neonix said on Oct. 22, 2012

If I ever were to get a sleeve tattoo, it would be of the four heroes fighting the Kraken in some awesome pose with crashing waves behind it, and the boat somewhere with the captain tossing his slipper. :p

The Great Morgil said on Oct. 23, 2012

@ SUPA FRANKY: looks nice, but why is Jeff a ghost? And no Poo? Don’t you want Poo on your arm? *snicker*

I only have one tattoo, and it’s nothing video game related. I have my screen name, “Morgil”, written in Tengwar on my left arm.

The Great Morgil said on Oct. 23, 2012

Though note that that picture has an error in it that i later went back and had corrected once the initial scab healed. I don’t have a current picture of the corrected version.

Pinwheel said on Oct. 24, 2012

If you want to get a mother related tattoo here are some ideas… For a mother 1 tattoo get Giegue earthbound tattoo get storm and thunder mother 3 tattoo get either those two dragons on the temple wall or Lucas pulling one of the seven needles. Now that would be cool! :)

SUPA FRANKY said on Oct. 25, 2012

Hey I said I wasnt finished lol. Poo and Bubble Monkey will be last 2. I wanted each character to be in a different post. So I made Jeff dead… thats what he gets when hes out of Bottle Rockets lol. Also forgot to post the Saturn I have on wrist and I just got this Master Belch done a few hours ago.

TyBlood said on Oct. 25, 2012

I Have been thinking about getting a Starmen insignia on one arm, and maybe a mother symbol on the other…

Tim said on Oct. 25, 2012

@ Rhyselinn: Thanks for bringing up my post from a couple years ago! I still haven’t gotten anything else to accompany the Kraken half-sleeve (having kids and all), but I’m always open to new ideas. Maybe some day…

@ SUPA FRANKY: Those pixel sprites are pretty awesome!

Ryan said on Oct. 27, 2012

You know how some people get the mom tattoo with the heart around it? How about like a parody type thing but with the mother logo?

Ami-chan said on Nov. 4, 2012

giygas tattoo. make it happen

Erin said on Apr. 8, 2013

I have a Mr. Saturn fishing for a birdie on my right arm. He starts on the inside and the balloon floats out. I also have a scalding coffee cup (in progress) and the Mu spirit.

When I have a lot of money, Giygas is going on my shoulder.