Poll: Title Screen Comparisons
A common complaint among EarthBound players (particularly newer ones) is that it takes too long to walk places in the game. Basically, people wish there was a way to dash like in MOTHER 3. The Skip Sandwich items are there, but they’re a pain to use and only work for a few seconds.
Well, a while back Flynman made a small patch for EarthBound that addresses this very problem! With this patch, you can now run anytime you want just by holding the Y button Here’s HyperBound talking about it:
And here’s the actual IPS file and the Easy EarthBound Patcher program for Windows:
(Note that if you don’t use the Easy Patcher for whatever reason, you NEED to expand the EarthBound ROM. Just trying to use the IPS patch by itself will probably cause the game to not start up at all. If you use the Easy Patcher, it’ll take care of that stuff for you.)
Personally, I’ve never had a problem with the walking speed in EarthBound. Everyone’s always in a rush these days in games Although in MOTHER 1′s case I can sort of sympathize a little…
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to EarthBound Run Patch
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Nintendo Game Boy advance games Mother ( EarthBound ) 1+2 , 3 Japan ver. rare
- NESter: Ugh…why Mother 1+2? The graphics are squashed, the sound degraded…I can’t stand the “fuzzy” sound of the Game...
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true
- Brandon: This looks better than the NES version in so many ways! They should try Earthbound using Mother 3′s graphics. It would be so cool....
- Mato: I think it’s 1+2 only, as it uses my translation tools to insert the text.
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?