MOTHER Remake Hack: Title Screen Music
A common complaint among EarthBound players (particularly newer ones) is that it takes too long to walk places in the game. Basically, people wish there was a way to dash like in MOTHER 3. The Skip Sandwich items are there, but they’re a pain to use and only work for a few seconds.
Well, a while back Flynman made a small patch for EarthBound that addresses this very problem! With this patch, you can now run anytime you want just by holding the Y button 😀 Here’s HyperBound talking about it:
And here’s the actual IPS file and the Easy EarthBound Patcher program for Windows:
(Note that if you don’t use the Easy Patcher for whatever reason, you NEED to expand the EarthBound ROM. Just trying to use the IPS patch by itself will probably cause the game to not start up at all. If you use the Easy Patcher, it’ll take care of that stuff for you.)
Personally, I’ve never had a problem with the walking speed in EarthBound. Everyone’s always in a rush these days in games 😛 Although in MOTHER 1’s case I can sort of sympathize a little…
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to EarthBound Run Patch
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?