Eight Melodies Live Performance
A common complaint among EarthBound players (particularly newer ones) is that it takes too long to walk places in the game. Basically, people wish there was a way to dash like in MOTHER 3. The Skip Sandwich items are there, but they’re a pain to use and only work for a few seconds.
Well, a while back Flynman made a small patch for EarthBound that addresses this very problem! With this patch, you can now run anytime you want just by holding the Y button 😀 Here’s HyperBound talking about it:
And here’s the actual IPS file and the Easy EarthBound Patcher program for Windows:
(Note that if you don’t use the Easy Patcher for whatever reason, you NEED to expand the EarthBound ROM. Just trying to use the IPS patch by itself will probably cause the game to not start up at all. If you use the Easy Patcher, it’ll take care of that stuff for you.)
Personally, I’ve never had a problem with the walking speed in EarthBound. Everyone’s always in a rush these days in games 😛 Although in MOTHER 1’s case I can sort of sympathize a little…
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to EarthBound Run Patch
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...