EarthBound Preview in NP #70
Once every month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get good deals and avoid getting suckered out of spending too much money. Here are the latest prices!
- EarthBound cart: $169 (up from $156, lowest: $110 / highest: $235)
- EarthBound guide: $81 (up from $62, only one that sold: $81)
- EarthBound complete set: $624 (up from $572, lowest: $350.01 / highest: $1025)
It’s slowly getting closer and closer to the holiday season, which usually means prices will probably continue to go up from here. I remember just a few years ago when EarthBound carts could be had for $70… Man, and I thought it was expensive back then! But now we have broken copies of EarthBound selling for $91
Another trend I’ve noticed is that guides and complete sets are starting to diminish in number. I’m guessing people are either hoarding them or some people are trying to take the guides and make a complete or semi-complete set. Only one guide was sold by itself in the past month, so the “average” price this month is just the price of that one guide. I contemplated not even including it in this month’s update because of that, but figured it would be helpful info to have anyway.
The other day I got a tweet from someone who said:
Here is an idea for your earthbound buying guide. If we can get people to refuse to pay such a high, it will start to diminish.
I’d considered including this back when I first made the buying guide, but it seemed like an odd thing to include. What do you think? Would this really be that effective? I would think that you’d need to get LOTS of people on board with that idea, which I can’t really see happening. It also makes me wonder if someone would then snatch up all the copies and sit on them.
I’m not an economics/business guy though, so if anyone has any insight, please share!
All that aside, you can find lots of tips and info on buying EarthBound at buyearthbound.com, so check it out if you’re planning to buy any EarthBound stuff in the near future – you could save lots of money!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Oct 2012)
Leave a reply
- megamegaman247: I know this is a super old post but I put other in the poll and I want to explain gosh darn it! I am about 14 now and when I was a...
- GreenHippoArmada: Check this out:http://www.youtube.com/wat ch?v=JvKr2dmEP2Q
- 00an0: I dunno how to patch
- MagikoopaMaster: this was awesome!! probably the best version of onett i have heard.
- Smokey_the_Crow: Well, I guess this is all the more reason to get a Wii U now! This is honestly the best news I’ve received all year.