October 10th, 2012 | EarthBound

CerealQueen sent this in recently:

In the October issue of Nintendo Power, (V. 283), a letter was written concerning Earthbound. The topic of discussion was, “What attractions would you want at a Nintendo theme park?” This letter was written and though it’s not much, it was still neat to see nonetheless

I actually resubscribed to Nintendo Power late last year for some reason, but now that it’s being shut down soon I haven’t had it in me to open this latest issue, which came in some sort of sealed bag with a letter from Reggie and Iwata Chris Slate. So I’m glad someone else noticed this for me 😛

Anyway, I think a good EarthBound theme park ride would be Tessie – it’s not too crazy and probably actually doable!

14 Comments to EarthBound Letter in Nintendo Power

2Sang said on Oct. 10, 2012

If they make a sequel, I bet Earthbound gets an attraction.
They also left out pokemon, Ice climber, Fire Emblem, and Kirby.

Furball200x said on Oct. 10, 2012

Giygas: The 4d Experience

LakituAl said on Oct. 10, 2012

I see your Tessie ride and raise you a Saturn Valley. I’m pretty sure everybody would love it. Kiddies, grown ups, my sister… Though I have to wonder if they would have the resources to give everybody coffee and their own motivational speech.

cerealqueen said on Oct. 10, 2012

How about a longer version of the museum ride from Mother 3? I would love to see something like that.

Blair13579 said on Oct. 10, 2012

Sorry to be a nit-picker, but the letter wasn’t from Reggie and Iwata, it was Reggie and Chris Slate, a member of the Nintendo Power magazine.

Tamers12345 said on Oct. 10, 2012

I’d rather see the boat ride from Mother 3. It would be so awesome to see all the Mother 1/2 stuff in the background with Mother 3’s “Someone’s memories” playing in the background! 😀

Mato said on Oct. 10, 2012

@Blair13579: Thanks, I updated the post. I’ve misplaced my copy so I was going on memory. Which is full of black holes.

Leeaux said on Oct. 10, 2012

I was sort of disappointed when there wasn’t an Earthbound/Mother portion of Nintendoland.

Apple Kid said on Oct. 10, 2012

If Earthbound is in an amusement park it needs a Sea of Eden water area or a battle simulation.

EmeraldWind said on Oct. 10, 2012

I think it would be cool if they had a general haunted house with various things from different Nintendo games, but then there would be a Giygas room as the finale!

Tourist said on Oct. 11, 2012

I think the best Earthbound theme game would involved Brick Road/Dungeon Man. 4 player Miis would be running through the dungeon, solving puzzles, battling, ect and the 5th player with the Gamepad would either be Brick Road and be actively making changes to the dungeon to hinder the other players… Or the player would be Dungeon Man, walking around doing some sort of seperate challenge while everyone else is inside him.

Furball200x said on Oct. 11, 2012

^ That’s acually a pretty good idea and I’d recommend reading it.

OhBaby said on Oct. 11, 2012

It’s sad to see Nintendo Power leave.

Matteomax said on Nov. 9, 2012

Yeah! I saw this recently too!