October 3rd, 2012 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 3

The other day I posted about how it’s now possible to hear MOTHER 3’s music without the weird fuzziness of the GBA (see here). The problem was getting it all set up was sort of complicated.

Luckily, there’s now a set of MP3s that you can download. The torrent file for it is here:

Note, though, that this current MP3 set has some problems with it! There are still issues with some of the extracted MIDIs that need to be fixed by hand, and these MP3s will contain those same problems.

If you find any problems with them, report your findings here.

Also, if you want FLAC versions of the songs or if you’re not sure how torrents work, you can find more download options here as well.

Thanks to everyone involved with this audio improvement stuff, and to Hendricks266 for posting the MP3s!

29 Comments to Crisp MOTHER 3 MP3 Set

jimmygnome9 said on Oct. 3, 2012

Yes! I’ve been waiting for something like this for YEARS!

Tamers12345 said on Oct. 3, 2012

Aw man. Torrent? 🙁 Is there anyway we could just listen to the music instead of downloading it with torrent?

Anonymous said on Oct. 3, 2012

I’m noticing all sorts of stuff in these songs that I never noticed before. Pieces that were buried under the humming

shadowdeku said on Oct. 3, 2012

What are the problems? I listened to some of the MIDI files and the only real “problems” were due to hardware limitations (like the fake echo effects).

Mato said on Oct. 3, 2012

If you check out the forum thread I linked to, there are a bunch of problems listed there.

Rhyselinn said on Oct. 3, 2012

shadowdeku: Yeah, mostly fake echo effects, but there are a couple of wacky vibrato errors, too. And the occasional error where the song is only one second long, and stuff like that. Most of the songs are fine, though.

PKEmeraldian said on Oct. 3, 2012

Can anyone make a .ZIP of this? That’d be really cool. 😀

byyo said on Oct. 3, 2012

unless you want some poor guy to donate and pay for all of the bandwidth, why not use the torrent?

MalixDexide said on Oct. 3, 2012

Awwwwesooome!

This is freaking amazing!
Out of curiosity, are there music rips of other GBA games without the GBA audio noise?

linkdude20002001 said on Oct. 3, 2012
BusterTheFox said on Oct. 4, 2012

This is pretty awesome! There are some problems like everyone above me described. For instance, there’s problems on some notable songs, Like Saturn Valley Z. And I found one or two that were only a second long.

Anyway, I’ll be seeding the torrent for a long time. My computer is almost always on, so unless my router dies (it does that sometimes…), I should be available to leech off of at all times. 🙂

TheNessEB said on Oct. 4, 2012

Woah! Thanks for featuring me Mato! Your totally awesome!

Monta said on Oct. 4, 2012

Everyone! Please check the Gintama manga, chapter 416, for an unexpected yet funny cameo!

Monta said on Oct. 4, 2012
KingOfSwords said on Oct. 4, 2012

Some of the vibrato-heavy songs like Absolutely Safe Capsule and Natural Killer Cyborg sound less vibrato-ey in HQ.

BigDream said on Oct. 4, 2012

Torrents tick me off. I’m and old man with them. Fact, I dunno if I wanna USE them… =(

Asok said on Oct. 4, 2012

How big’s the full thing?

Anonymous said on Oct. 5, 2012

Torrents are just fine. What is so bad about them?

PKEmeraldian said on Oct. 5, 2012

@byoo: Maybe some of us can’t use torrents…:P I don’t know much about bandwidth either, so that honestly didn’t come to mind.
I just want the tracks that aren’t just really short or sound effects. I don’t how many/how much memory that would be, but maybe someone could upload each seperately or something…? I don’t know. :/

Mato said on Oct. 5, 2012

I think the music-only file is about 600+ MB, that’s why I haven’t put it up on here for download. That’s a lot of bandwidth, and lots of bandwidth = lots of money.

SamWibatt said on Oct. 6, 2012

These sound terrific! Good work, and Thanks for the tip!

PKEmeraldian said on Oct. 6, 2012

Ah, okay…thanks for explaining that. I found a .RAR download that worked though, so sorry for bothering anyone. ^^;

Yosh said on Oct. 8, 2012

I find it funny how a 32 MB game can hold 2.55 GB of music when converted to FLAC! ^^;

TyBlood13 said on Feb. 9, 2013

Torrent link doesn’t work anymore. =(

BreakingBenny said on May. 4, 2013

Someone’s gotta make more rips, such as from the GBA Harry Potter games, or even the GBA Metroid games

zen said on Jun. 13, 2013

im working on makeing a new mp3 link with the music in it. it is still in prgress. ill have the link in the next coment.

zen said on Jun. 14, 2013

oops part 1 had some diffacultys ill put up the new link for part 1 when its done