Ultimate Chimera for Sale!
Sometimes it’s tough to explain why EarthBound stands out so much from other games of the 16-bit era. “It doesn’t have magic and dragons!” is sort of the cliche, unimpressive way, but if you sit down to point out what happens throughout the story it quickly becomes clear how weird the game is. Here’s a good example, courtesy of The Offender:
When presented in this rapid-fire, compressed format it almost sounds like some crazy made-up game they’d talk about offhandedly in a TV sitcom or something, kinda like the “Two more swords and I’m Queen of the Monkey People!” line in Roseanne, heh.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Compressed EarthBound Weirdness
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?