Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Sometimes it’s tough to explain why EarthBound stands out so much from other games of the 16-bit era. “It doesn’t have magic and dragons!” is sort of the cliche, unimpressive way, but if you sit down to point out what happens throughout the story it quickly becomes clear how weird the game is. Here’s a good example, courtesy of The Offender:
When presented in this rapid-fire, compressed format it almost sounds like some crazy made-up game they’d talk about offhandedly in a TV sitcom or something, kinda like the “Two more swords and I’m Queen of the Monkey People!” line in Roseanne, heh.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Compressed EarthBound Weirdness
Featured Item on eBay:
Rare MOTHER 2 Doseisan Plush doll With trash box NEW Free ship
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?