EarthBound and Quarter Circle Jab
Sometimes it’s tough to explain why EarthBound stands out so much from other games of the 16-bit era. “It doesn’t have magic and dragons!” is sort of the cliche, unimpressive way, but if you sit down to point out what happens throughout the story it quickly becomes clear how weird the game is. Here’s a good example, courtesy of The Offender:
When presented in this rapid-fire, compressed format it almost sounds like some crazy made-up game they’d talk about offhandedly in a TV sitcom or something, kinda like the “Two more swords and I’m Queen of the Monkey People!” line in Roseanne, heh.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Compressed EarthBound Weirdness
Leave a reply
- EBlover: earthbound inspired me to be a writer because of the witty writing
- Erikku8: I drew a ton of EarthBound art as a kid, though I wouldn’t say EarthBound itself influenced my decision to pursue illustration. That...
- Chivi-chivik: No, ’cause I got to play them (for first f’ing time) the last year ;_; *sobs and cries*
- lucki_vibrato: Strange how they hate the game. The system is perfect, story too. I love everything about the game. It’s one of my favourites...
- Acedio: I got into band because I thought the trumpet player in Onett was cool