Weekly Round-Up #36
October 20th, 2012 | Auctions
Poe put up a bunch more of our MOTHER/EarthBound stuff up for auction on eBay yesterday, here’s a quick look!
I already sort of explained the Japanese anthologies here. These were made and sent to Itoi, Iwata, Miyamoto, and a few other people and media outlets in Japan. In all, I think only 10 or 15 exist. The main text of the anthology was professionally translated into Japanese, but the art captions were left in English due to lack of time and money. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any extra copies of the bonus discs and other such stuff that we sent to Japan too, but maybe one of these days I’ll share the files on EB Central. Actually, now that I think about it, I don’t think there’s an online version of this Japanese anthology.
Here’s a MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn strap. It’s never been opened but I’ve held onto it because it has a factory defect or smudge or something on it. I don’t know if that makes it more valuable or less, to be honest. Probably no real difference is what my gut opinion says.
And here’s another Mr. Saturn strap with a small defect.
Back in 2006, I got a subscription to Famitsu (which cost a good deal, since I lived in America) to keep up with MOTHER 3 coverage. So here are a bunch of them that have actual MOTHER 3 content in them. Mostly it’s just game walkthrough stuff, but if you’re really into collecting MOTHER 3 stuff it’ll be hard finding these anywhere anymore. I think one of them has some Itoi interviews that have never been translated before too.
And here’s a bunch of cool and random little stuff we’ve collected over the years. I don’t know where the Kraken finger puppet comes from, though.
We’re also selling off some of our non-EarthBound stuff too, so take a look here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Cleaning out More Closets
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...