Creators: Shigesato Itoi
I think it’s well-known by now that a common thing on eBay is that a small group of people will snatch up all the EarthBound copies they can and then turn around and sell them for a much higher markup. That’s partly why I made BuyEarthBound.com, actually.
But for actual reference, I thought I’d give an example. Right now, there’s about roughly 38 copies of EarthBound for sale on eBay:
And here are all the copies of EarthBound available from one seller:
As of the time of this post, there are ten copies of EarthBound there. Meaning this one seller has 1/4 of the EarthBound supply on eBay.
Now, dealing in buying/selling of games IS a business, so I won’t fault anyone for that. I mainly wanted to point out a reason WHY the EarthBound market is what it is. In the end, the average price of the game wouldn’t be so high if buyers weren’t willing to pay it.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to A Look at the EarthBound Market
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?