EarthBound Cart Economics
I think it’s well-known by now that a common thing on eBay is that a small group of people will snatch up all the EarthBound copies they can and then turn around and sell them for a much higher markup. That’s partly why I made BuyEarthBound.com, actually.
But for actual reference, I thought I’d give an example. Right now, there’s about roughly 38 copies of EarthBound for sale on eBay:
And here are all the copies of EarthBound available from one seller:
As of the time of this post, there are ten copies of EarthBound there. Meaning this one seller has 1/4 of the EarthBound supply on eBay.
Now, dealing in buying/selling of games IS a business, so I won’t fault anyone for that. I mainly wanted to point out a reason WHY the EarthBound market is what it is. In the end, the average price of the game wouldn’t be so high if buyers weren’t willing to pay it.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to A Look at the EarthBound Market
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?