Mr. Saturn Battle
I think it’s well-known by now that a common thing on eBay is that a small group of people will snatch up all the EarthBound copies they can and then turn around and sell them for a much higher markup. That’s partly why I made BuyEarthBound.com, actually.
But for actual reference, I thought I’d give an example. Right now, there’s about roughly 38 copies of EarthBound for sale on eBay:
And here are all the copies of EarthBound available from one seller:
As of the time of this post, there are ten copies of EarthBound there. Meaning this one seller has 1/4 of the EarthBound supply on eBay.
Now, dealing in buying/selling of games IS a business, so I won’t fault anyone for that. I mainly wanted to point out a reason WHY the EarthBound market is what it is. In the end, the average price of the game wouldn’t be so high if buyers weren’t willing to pay it.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to A Look at the EarthBound Market
Leave a reply
- Elise: This whole thing does remind me of a certain Pokemon episode. Thing is, Earthbound was released prior to that episode and from what I heard,...
- Sandata: Just to cover the basic fact, yes its comeing out on the Wii U.
- Benji: The Cover Makes a great wallpaper!
- Shannon Carr: I agree with Apple Kid. I’d love to have a Mother guide, even if it is in Japanese.
- Fjord: Animal crossing has a lot of cute references here and there of other nintendo franchises in all installments. New leaf just happens to feel...