October 8th, 2012 | Interviews, Itoi

A common question I get is, “What exactly does Shigesato Itoi do when he’s not working on games?” The problem is that answering that question would take forever – luckily a new Japan Times article takes a look at some of his recent work:

It’s in English, don’t worry! And the article spans two pages, just in case you’re like me and sometimes miss things like that 😛

11 Comments to A Look at Shigesato Itoi

Yorkshire Gold said on Oct. 8, 2012

‘However, that figure’s only likely to rise this year, the 12th year of publication, as an English-language version of the planner made its debut on the market. “In a nutshell, we want to go global (with the Hobonichi Techo),” Itoi says.’

Goddamn, now I’m tempted to buy one.

shadowdeku said on Oct. 8, 2012

Why is it that this article is written in English? I don’t understand why they would go through the trouble to translate something like this…

The article is very interesting, though. I’ll be honest: I had no idea what a copywriter actually was.

Moolah said on Oct. 8, 2012

@shadowdeku

the Japan Times is an English-language paper, the entire site’s in English.

LakituAl said on Oct. 8, 2012

I always learn something new about these, really. Why, I didn’t know he was married! I feel so slow…

And yes, now I want a planner as well. I wonder how much it would cost to get one here.

Chewy said on Oct. 8, 2012

Yeah, the Japan Times articles are written in English, so there’s no Japanese version of this article.

For the record, I’m working on a more comprehensive website for the English-language planner so people know what exactly it is and where to find it and everything.

Neko Knight said on Oct. 8, 2012

What a wonderful article about a wonderful person.
Thank you Japan Times for writing this article.
And thank you Tomato for posting it for everone to enjoy!

MrMoarplz said on Oct. 8, 2012

I learned a lot from reading this. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said on Oct. 8, 2012

I saw this the other day. It’s a good article

tlm said on Oct. 9, 2012

I feel that having that planner would improve my life greatly

Tourist said on Oct. 9, 2012

@Chewy That would be brilliant. I’d love to get more detailed information on the planner and how to order it (living outside of Japan).

Mattesp said on Oct. 9, 2012

Information on the Hobonichi Techno in English, for those who read the article and immediately became interested in purchasing one (like myself):