September 5th, 2012 | EarthBound, Fan Games, Images

8bitsandwich recently sent this in:

Hi there!

I’d like to share a project of mine I just recently completed. It’s my personal tribute to the Mother series – a map for Team Fortress 2 based on Saturn Valley. I know what you’re thinking – this has been done over and over already. But take a look at the screenshots I’ve included. It’s not a direct recreation of the Valley, but it’s greatly inspired by it. It’s meant to be a mashup of the whole series, including elements from each of the 3 titles.
If interested in trying it out, you can find the download link at the bottom of this page (click on “Saturn Valley”)

Thanks for taking the time read this. Have a nice day!

(click for full size)

I gotta say, almost every time I see an EarthBound-themed mod for TF2 I’m blown away. I don’t really know why, but they seem to make a good match for each other!

8 Comments to Team Fortress 2: Saturn Valley

Ness is the best said on Sep. 5, 2012

Team Earthbound 2

JB2448 said on Sep. 5, 2012

This map is a real blast to play Ultimate Chimera Hunt on! Its music selection flawlessly amplifies the atmosphere and the “mood” it conveys, and it has a lot of subtle touches and details that really make it feel whole.

Anonymous said on Sep. 5, 2012

Holy moley, that’s awesome!

ninten said on Sep. 5, 2012

What element is from mother 1?

Earthbounder said on Sep. 5, 2012

Them images made me think. Why are the Saturns so smart but live so simple?

LakituAl said on Sep. 5, 2012

@ninten

The constellations are faces of the protagonists of each series, so, of course, the ensemble from Mother is there. It’s a small detail, but at least it’s there.

8bitsandwich said on Sep. 6, 2012

The Doll enemy from Mother 1 is in the map, too. It’s kind of a hidden easter egg, though. You have to fly in spectator mode to reach it. In the Ultimate Chimera Hunt version, you can get to it as a ghost.

Phyznix said on Sep. 6, 2012

I have been on this map and its honestly amazing, fantastic job 8bitsandwich.

Find Merchandise!