September 30th, 2012 | EarthBound, Images, Merchandise

Shigesato Itoi’s company, Hobonichi, is making some custom cases for the iPhone 5:

As you can see, there’s a MOTHER 2-themed case planned!

There’s not much more to say at the moment (at least I don’t think there is…), but you can check out the official page here.

I still use a crappy flip-top phone from 2003, so all you whippersnappers and your iPhones and iPads and iButts confuse me. But let me know if you’re planning on getting one of these MOTHER 2 cases, I’d love to get actual photos of it sometime!

38 Comments to MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 Case

2Sang said on Sep. 30, 2012

nice I might pick one up

Poe said on Sep. 30, 2012

Oh cool, it’s official! From the title, I instantly assumed this was going to be a fan-made thing. Cool on Itoi for doing that 🙂

Christie said on Sep. 30, 2012

Dammit! Why couldn’t he make it for the 4 so I can get my hands on one?

PkLoveTheme said on Sep. 30, 2012

I think I died a bit inside, just saying…
Uhh, well… I’m still happy with my Android.
Despite the fact that it’s mother-less.

manny said on Sep. 30, 2012

hell yea im picking one up!, and before i even buy an iphone 5

man said on Sep. 30, 2012

I was still using a Motorola Razr from 2004 until about a month ago.

Anyway, the second cover looks scary.

cerealqueen said on Sep. 30, 2012

I’d probably just bye an iPhone 5 to sport that pretty case.
lol I wonder how many may be released…
Mother merchandise has a tendency to be scarce…

Random NPC that nobody cares about said on Sep. 30, 2012

To bad I use Android.

LakituAl said on Sep. 30, 2012

I have the feeling having this will cause your Father to call you every few hours to make sure you take a rest.

Leeaux said on Sep. 30, 2012

I don’t have an iphone, but consider this bought if for nothing else, than to support the series!

Onion said on Sep. 30, 2012

Really nice but that Ohto case is pretty sharp as well…

PK Rockin said on Sep. 30, 2012

I really hate how in a lot of Japanese sites, the text is in pictures so I can’t use a translator to at least get an idea of what it says.

Halloween said on Sep. 30, 2012

Everyone with an iphone should get this.

Doesn’t matter how much it costs, you bought an iphone after all!

BusterTheFox said on Sep. 30, 2012

I found sexy ladies. :O

@Halloween: Haha, YES! I always feel so poor when I see people going around with iPhones and laptops. ;-; At least I have my 3DS…

SomeUser said on Sep. 30, 2012

I want the penguin one. >w<

Matt said on Sep. 30, 2012

Terry Free A please.

Pleomax said on Oct. 1, 2012

Nintendo stabbed in the back yet again…

Reficul said on Oct. 1, 2012

Top row, second from the left.
What the hell is that.
Not a question, but a statement.
What. The. Hell. Is. That.
That is the kind of thing that nightmares are made of.

HexploringUser said on Oct. 1, 2012

How did the “Terry Free A” case make it onto this site uncensored and without a “NSFW” warning? This site always struck me as one that is meant to be family-friendly to an extent, so that particular image is a major shock to me. I am struggling as I type this post because I cannot stand to look at the image above. Is this site truly an adults-only site?

I normally let some things slide without conflict because the MOTHER games themselves have some elements that, to Americans and Europeans, can seem inappropriate for children, such as the Magypsies and the Tanetane mushrooms, but the design on the “Terry Free A” case is beyond that and almost reaches into… no, I will not type it.

I understand that the point of the blog post is the “MOTHER 2” case at the upper right, and many other blog posts show samples of merchandise unrelated to the MOTHER series, but just the one case is the one I am raising an issue about.

I admit that I am posting under unusual circumstances right now. Because I do not have my own E-Mail address and cannot register, I am normally content to just lurk on this site and occasionally make a post about the inner workings of the MOTHER games.

Mato said on Oct. 1, 2012

I’ve updated the picture since it seems to have really upset you.

I’ve always felt that the majority of the visitors to the site are intelligent and mature enough to handle things of this nature. I’m sorry if it offended you. What seems harmless to one culture might seem upsetting to another, and even people within the same culture have different tastes, which seems to be the case here.

I’ll keep this in mind in future updates, but I also don’t recommend visiting the site during work.

Onion said on Oct. 1, 2012

Sad face. Sad face everywhere.

M1 Fan said on Oct. 1, 2012

WAAAAA
HE HASN’T UPDATED YET
Sorry but it really sucks that you haven’t.

Mato said on Oct. 1, 2012

Some days I don’t do updates, usually if I’m especially busy. Today is one such day 🙁

M1Fan said on Oct. 1, 2012

Oh ok, I can’t wait until tomorrows update!

[…] Reading: MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 Case « EarthBound Central Posted in Uncategorized Tags: custom-cases, for-the, hobonichi, making-some, shigesato-itoi […]

cerealqueen said on Oct. 1, 2012

Wait, that case is not that bad.
And the picture is so small, you can hardly see a thing. I’ve seen less clothes in cartoons. You can honestly find way worse pictures just by logging into facebook or the advertisements at the sides.

Besides, the primary focus is the Mother 2 case.

Jason said on Oct. 2, 2012

Any child who is mature enough to handle the Mother games should be old enough to handle that image.

I don’t think the inappropriate parts of the Mother games are the magypsies or the ‘shrooms, I think it’s (SPOILER ALERT) being mind-raped by evil incarnate, failing to save and being forced to kill loved ones, watching the utopian world around you become corrupt and eventually learning its disgusting truth. Or your abused neighbor inflicting pain on the universe. Or little girls being abducted by cults.

I have a feeling that when you mention TaneTane, you’re upset about them incidentally getting high, and not about the fact that the character’s deepest fears and insecurities are so sharply attacked by images of their loved ones. 🙁

NorthofOnett said on Oct. 2, 2012

oh noes

more butts on terry free b

mato is in big trouble now guys

It’s the end of eb central as we know it

cerealqueen said on Oct. 2, 2012

I honestly thought that bear thing was much worse.
It could give the children nightmares!

Oh no!
The horror!

Pigmask Private said on Oct. 2, 2012

Lol what you had to censor out the butt that’s ridiculous

It’s a butt

K.K. kid said on Oct. 2, 2012

I still use a crappy flip top phone too! 🙁

Radic said on Oct. 4, 2012

What’s up with the second to last one? What’s that supposed to be?

Pigmask Private said on Oct. 5, 2012

it’s a butt

Pigmask Private said on Oct. 5, 2012

It’s just a butt

Pigmask Private said on Oct. 5, 2012

WHY DID THAT COMMENT TWICE I’M SORRY

Xi said on Oct. 10, 2012

If I may dare to steer the conversation back towards the one case we really care about…

From what I understand from reading the site, the iPhone cases are not yet available for order. Would it be too much of a pipe dream to hope that you will post some sort of basic navigational guide to ordering the cases when they are made available (I think you did this way back when Itoi offered Mother 3 shirts for purchase on his website)?

Jason said on Oct. 11, 2012

OOOOH! 1101, I(1) TO(10) I(1)! =D

Hilarious.

Mato said on Oct. 11, 2012

Xi: Sure thing, hopefully I’ll remember/notice when it happens.