MOTHER – 20th Anniversary!
A few months ago Bregalad released a utility called GBAMusRiper that rips the music from many GBA games into MIDI format with accompanying sound font files.
Apparently it even works with MOTHER 1+2, but only the MOTHER 2 side. And it works with MOTHER 3 too – apparently to the point that a hacker by the name of LuigiBlood was able to do some basic music insertion. Here’s a sample:
And here is another sample video.
I’ve never used this utility and I don’t know how one would go about ripping and inserting music, but if you’re interested, there you go!
Actually, I wonder if it’s possible to restore the quality of the GBA MOTHER 2 music using this utility as a reference…
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 and 3 Music Utility
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!