September 1st, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

As we’ve seen before, BlueStone has been doing some amazing work hacking EarthBound’s music and creating EarthBound Zero music from it. While doing this, BlueStone recently discovered some unused music data in the EarthBound ROM!

They’re more like short, early drafts of the final music more than anything. Check them out:

Attract Mode:

Good Friends, Bad Friends:

Smiles & Tears 1:

Smiles & Tears 2:

Belch Battle:

Deep Darkness:

Magicant:

For download links and much more information see BlueStone’s post here!

12 Comments to More Hidden EarthBound Music

FranklinBadge said on Sep. 1, 2012

I’m pretty sure i’ve seen most of these tracks on other sites. It was put up on starmen.net A few months back. Not anything new to me but still interesting.

resetsurvivor said on Sep. 1, 2012

Ooh! That Magicant track sounds cool. Now I have to put these on my phone. Thanks, BlueStone!

Mato said on Sep. 1, 2012

FranklinBadge: I’m super duper EarthBound hack following man and I’ve never come across these before. Do you have any links?

Mariominesonic said on Sep. 1, 2012

Notice that smiles and tears 2 is mainly the background stuff same for magicaint

sTARMEN said on Sep. 1, 2012

LUV the Smiles And Tears 2 one! 😀

Ness said on Sep. 1, 2012

It’s amazing that even after 15 years, there’s still cool stuff to find.

MANSTA8 said on Sep. 2, 2012

I think the thought process with the Belch battle song was:
“I don’t know what to do with this one, so I’ll put in the first few notes of the Super Mario bros. theme.”

KingOfSwords said on Sep. 2, 2012

I prefer that version of the Belch battle theme.

I also wish that Smiles and Tears 1 had been used as the version of Eight Melodies that plays when you use the Sound Stone, because honestly, I don’t like the version they used for the Sound Stone.

BusterTheFox said on Sep. 3, 2012

Extremely awesome. It’s a shame they’re all so short. I was most interested by the first one. It sounds so different (and beta-esque) from the normal one. They all do, to certain extents. I wonder if we’ll be seeing any other new stuff later on?

SpashBanjo said on Sep. 4, 2012

Wow this is really good! Can’t wait to see more.

Alex said on Sep. 5, 2012

You can really tell a game has a dedicated and thriving fanbase when little discoveries like this are being made all the time. Reminds me a lot of the discovery of the Arwing in Ocarina of Time.

ShadowX said on Sep. 10, 2012

Some of these are just begging to be ringtones. Hmmm…