Shigesato Itoi Tries Strawberry Tofu
The other day I posted about some hacking progress with the MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 music formats (see here). The problem with the GBA music (particularly MOTHER 3) is that the hardware limitations produced a sort of soft “fuzz”. But now you can play the music on your computer without that fuzz!
For example, here’s the Love Theme from MOTHER 3, as it sounds on the GBA:
And here’s how it sounds without the GBA’s hardware limitations:
Right now, the method to play all the music is kind of complicated, but if you’re interested, see here. Simply playing the MIDI files in an audio player won’t work right!
Hopefully someone will be able to make MP3s of these so it won’t be necessary to jump through lots of hoops, but for now the above forum thread is the only way to go. But it’s worth the trouble!
I haven’t tried this with the MOTHER 1+2 soundtrack, but you can download the files for that and many other GBA games here!
For those of you who get this to work, let me know how MOTHER 1+2 sounds and how the other GBA games sound!
And many thanks to everyone who’s been making this awesome stuff a possibility
UPDATE: Yes, as soon as a finalized set of MP3s is available I’ll make a new update – no worries!
Other Related Posts:
58 Comments to Finally, Crisp MOTHER 3 Audio
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...
- Anonymous: ^the final translation patch sounds fine, though. You always go on and on about how awkward it sounds, but it’s really not as bad...
- Mato: Like I’ve said many a time, I’ve never felt confident with my actual writing skills, and I had always sort of intended for there...
- Leeaux: Alright guys, we don’t need to trash the rewrite. He might have an interesting spin on things. Or maybe he just wanted to try and...
- Neko Knight: @wvlfpvp: I don’t think we need grammar lessons from a man/woman/kid who can’t even spell “wolf pup”...