The other day I posted about some hacking progress with the MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 music formats (see here). The problem with the GBA music (particularly MOTHER 3) is that the hardware limitations produced a sort of soft “fuzz”. But now you can play the music on your computer without that fuzz!
For example, here’s the Love Theme from MOTHER 3, as it sounds on the GBA:
And here’s how it sounds without the GBA’s hardware limitations:
Right now, the method to play all the music is kind of complicated, but if you’re interested, see here. Simply playing the MIDI files in an audio player won’t work right!
Hopefully someone will be able to make MP3s of these so it won’t be necessary to jump through lots of hoops, but for now the above forum thread is the only way to go. But it’s worth the trouble!
I haven’t tried this with the MOTHER 1+2 soundtrack, but you can download the files for that and many other GBA games here!
For those of you who get this to work, let me know how MOTHER 1+2 sounds and how the other GBA games sound!
And many thanks to everyone who’s been making this awesome stuff a possibility
UPDATE: Yes, as soon as a finalized set of MP3s is available I’ll make a new update – no worries!
Other Related Posts:
58 Comments to Finally, Crisp MOTHER 3 Audio
- Name: Wow. This is awesome.
- FireflyMelody: Hm, I never thought of that. Then again, I was a little busy in this fight trying not to think too hard about it, so.
- Joe: I’ve actually always thought it was supposed to resemble MOTHER 1’s Gigue. I feel special
- FireflyMelody: I can’t wait to play on Magicant! ^.^
- Chivi-chivik: I realized that months ago XD But it would be great if it was proven that this was also intended