Looking Back at the Wii U MOTHER 2
The other day I posted about some hacking progress with the MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3 music formats (see here). The problem with the GBA music (particularly MOTHER 3) is that the hardware limitations produced a sort of soft “fuzz”. But now you can play the music on your computer without that fuzz!
For example, here’s the Love Theme from MOTHER 3, as it sounds on the GBA:
And here’s how it sounds without the GBA’s hardware limitations:
Right now, the method to play all the music is kind of complicated, but if you’re interested, see here. Simply playing the MIDI files in an audio player won’t work right!
Hopefully someone will be able to make MP3s of these so it won’t be necessary to jump through lots of hoops, but for now the above forum thread is the only way to go. But it’s worth the trouble!
I haven’t tried this with the MOTHER 1+2 soundtrack, but you can download the files for that and many other GBA games here!
For those of you who get this to work, let me know how MOTHER 1+2 sounds and how the other GBA games sound!
And many thanks to everyone who’s been making this awesome stuff a possibility 😀
UPDATE: Yes, as soon as a finalized set of MP3s is available I’ll make a new update – no worries!
Other Related Posts:
58 Comments to Finally, Crisp MOTHER 3 Audio
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.