M2 vs. EarthBound: Monkey Caves
A few days ago, uyuyuy99 released the first-ever EarthBound Zero map editing program, titled “BBHack”. It’s written in Java, so it should theoretically work on any platform that supports Java.
It’s not too hard to use either, here’s something I threw together pretty quickly:
It sounds like many more features are planned, including:
- 16×16 Tile Editor
- 8×8 Graphics Editor
- Sprite Editor
- Sprite/NPC Placement Editor (part of the map editor)
- Item Editor
- Enemy Editor
- Enemy Groups Editor
- Title Screen Editor
- Giegue’s Ship Editor
- Town Map Editor
- 8 Melodies Trippy BG Editor
- Text Editor
- Script Editor (sorta like CCScript)
- Palette Editor
- Starting/Levelup Stats Editor
- Ending Graphics Editor
- …and probably more stuff too
You can download the current version of BBHack here! Hopefully as time goes on we’ll start to see some cool EarthBound Zero hacks 😀
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to EarthBound Zero Map Editor
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...