Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 18, 2010
A few days ago, uyuyuy99 released the first-ever EarthBound Zero map editing program, titled “BBHack”. It’s written in Java, so it should theoretically work on any platform that supports Java.
It’s not too hard to use either, here’s something I threw together pretty quickly:
It sounds like many more features are planned, including:
- 16×16 Tile Editor
- 8×8 Graphics Editor
- Sprite Editor
- Sprite/NPC Placement Editor (part of the map editor)
- Item Editor
- Enemy Editor
- Enemy Groups Editor
- Title Screen Editor
- Giegue’s Ship Editor
- Town Map Editor
- 8 Melodies Trippy BG Editor
- Text Editor
- Script Editor (sorta like CCScript)
- Palette Editor
- Starting/Levelup Stats Editor
- Ending Graphics Editor
- …and probably more stuff too
You can download the current version of BBHack here! Hopefully as time goes on we’ll start to see some cool EarthBound Zero hacks 😀
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to EarthBound Zero Map Editor
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...