Just Slap EarthBound On It
For years I’ve known about a supposed game-breaking bug in MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero but never really looked into it. Apparently, you can get to the final battle somehow without getting all the melodies, at which point you obviously can’t beat the game.
I first heard about this on this page back in the late 90s/early 00s. I wasn’t really into the game at the time so I didn’t give it much thought, but the topic has recently come up and now I’m curious. In the years since, I read vague rumors about this bug on Japanese sites too, but never looked into the details.
So, has anyone ever encountered this bug before? What melody/melodies can be skipped that causes this? I would’ve thought for sure that it would’ve been fixed for the North American release, but I guess not…
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to EarthBound Zero Game-Breaking Bug
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!