EarthBound-Style Sprite Bonanza
About a year and a half ago, Shigesato Itoi acknowledged the overseas EarthBound/MOTHER fan community – if you’ve forgotten or haven’t seen it before, here’s the video:
He mistakenly called us Starmen.Net people the “Starman Club”, and immediately after that we all clung to that term
Recently, as we’ve seen in an earlier post, super-duper awesome translator lady Chewy has been working with Itoi’s company on various projects. She was able to meet the man himself, and here’s the result!
In the pictures we see him writing a little message to the Starman Club – the Mr. Saturn says something like, “Is good.” and “Potential!”
Chewy did briefly talk to him about the fans in America and elsewhere, but that’s a story for another day that maybe she should tell.
Anyway, Chewy kept this sign board a secret so that she could surprise Reid, owner of Starmen.Net and Fangamer at PAX! And here he is upon receiving it:
Pretty cool stuff! It only took a million years, but it feels like a cycle of some sort is now complete
Incidentally, remember this from a few days ago? It seems very likely that this was on Itoi’s mind because of Chewy’s conversation with him just a few days before
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to The Ultimate Starman Club Treasure
Leave a reply
- nesstron: http://www.gametrailers.com/fu ll-episodes/bbcd7o/pop-fiction -episode-35–the-lost-lev els
- Reficul: @sddsds Seems legit.
- sddsds: http://steamgamesfree.com/?ref =vKoxHs4sd
- refat17: I don’t hate mother 3 and i definately do like it, but i do like earthbound better. I think these two games are pretty different and...
- refat17: Dammit, I’m at the exact oppisite side of the country!