Giant Mr. Saturn Plushies, Round 2!
About a year and a half ago, Shigesato Itoi acknowledged the overseas EarthBound/MOTHER fan community – if you’ve forgotten or haven’t seen it before, here’s the video:
He mistakenly called us Starmen.Net people the “Starman Club”, and immediately after that we all clung to that term
Recently, as we’ve seen in an earlier post, super-duper awesome translator lady Chewy has been working with Itoi’s company on various projects. She was able to meet the man himself, and here’s the result!
In the pictures we see him writing a little message to the Starman Club – the Mr. Saturn says something like, “Is good.” and “Potential!”
Chewy did briefly talk to him about the fans in America and elsewhere, but that’s a story for another day that maybe she should tell.
Anyway, Chewy kept this sign board a secret so that she could surprise Reid, owner of Starmen.Net and Fangamer at PAX! And here he is upon receiving it:
Pretty cool stuff! It only took a million years, but it feels like a cycle of some sort is now complete
Incidentally, remember this from a few days ago? It seems very likely that this was on Itoi’s mind because of Chewy’s conversation with him just a few days before
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to The Ultimate Starman Club Treasure
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 Earthbound Figure Phone Strap Complete Set of 5 NINTENDO 1994 JP Takara
- EBisumaru: I am Ear Bound
- FireflyMelody: Yeah, I thought of M2 first, too. ^.^ As for M3 enemies, I personally like Cleocatra. Then again, I’ve always been a...
- Chivi-chivik: Actually that’s a GREAT idea if you’re thinking of making a story/game with battles and/or enemies. Making villains that...
- Mato: Okay, this is the end of this.
- Anonymous: I wonder if they were remade wed see what the original final battle in Mother 3 would be like.. Anyways ahem, Mother 3 came into mind...