Poll: Best MOTHER Series Ending
Popular Posts:None found
About a year and a half ago, Shigesato Itoi acknowledged the overseas EarthBound/MOTHER fan community – if you’ve forgotten or haven’t seen it before, here’s the video:
He mistakenly called us Starmen.Net people the “Starman Club”, and immediately after that we all clung to that term 😛
Recently, as we’ve seen in an earlier post, super-duper awesome translator lady Chewy has been working with Itoi’s company on various projects. She was able to meet the man himself, and here’s the result!
In the pictures we see him writing a little message to the Starman Club – the Mr. Saturn says something like, “Is good.” and “Potential!”
Chewy did briefly talk to him about the fans in America and elsewhere, but that’s a story for another day that maybe she should tell.
Anyway, Chewy kept this sign board a secret so that she could surprise Reid, owner of Starmen.Net and Fangamer at PAX! And here he is upon receiving it:
Pretty cool stuff! It only took a million years, but it feels like a cycle of some sort is now complete 😛
Incidentally, remember this from a few days ago? It seems very likely that this was on Itoi’s mind because of Chewy’s conversation with him just a few days before 😀
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to The Ultimate Starman Club Treasure
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.