MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10

August 14th, 2012 | Images, MOTHER 1

I don’t usually post a lot of lookalike stuff on here anymore, but this one was too cool not to pass up! Speedy_Fox_IV sent this in:

Hey Tomato, I was watching some of the old episodes of Pokemon and I saw a familar character pop up in the background during “a blink and you’ll miss it moment”. Turns out Teddy loves to dance.

The episode was flower power from the third season and he was only on screen for about three seconds during the first couple of minutes of the episode.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the scene and put a picture of Teddy’s model right next to it. Pretty neat huh?

I’m sure it’s just sheer coincidence, but it’s pretty neat just the same 🙂

11 Comments to Teddy Lookalike in Pokemon

Furball200x said on Aug. 14, 2012

That’s awesome! 🙂

2Sang said on Aug. 14, 2012

Never noticed it

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Aug. 14, 2012

Is it me or does Pokemon feel like a sequel series to Mother?

Tayo said on Aug. 14, 2012

Well, Satoshi Tajiri probably was influenced by the Mother series. He reviewed Mother way back when. It may just be a coincidence, or they did it on purpose. 😛

Furball200x said on Aug. 14, 2012

Teddy’s just dancing because he recovered.

DD said on Aug. 14, 2012

Ha! Wow. Someone must have sneaked that into the episode.

Angryrider said on Aug. 15, 2012

Ah, somebody at Creatures did this.

flintsdoorknob said on Aug. 15, 2012

Theres a character in Pokemon Conquest who looks like Teddy, although he is from Nobunaga’s Ambition, but his warlord form looks way too similar. Same glasses and red and yellow.

TalonKhan said on Aug. 15, 2012

For those curious flint is referring to masanori fukushima here is the form he is thinking of

Gilbert Smith said on Aug. 15, 2012

Sometimes people refer to “Spiritual Sequels” when a game has a very similar feel but different characters. I would say Pokemon feels less like a spiritual sequel and more like a spiritual spinoff. You could see Ness taking up Pokemon collecting as a hobby in some alternate version of the Earthbound world or Pokemon all turning evil thanks to Giygas.

Gilbert Smith said on Aug. 15, 2012

As for this guy I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually was based on Teddy. The visual similarities and the shared history of both series suggests it may have been a deliberate cameo.