EarthBound Completed in 9 Minutes
The other day, the super-awesome kenisu sent in a really cool tidbit of info I never realized (but should have):
Just a little tidbit I thought others might like to know.
If you’re paying attention to the titles of the MOTHER 3 BGM, #228 (“Rain, Followed by a Harem”) might seem a little weird to you. We know where the harem comes in, but what does rain have to do with what’s going on during this part of the game?
This is because 雨のちハーレム – Romanized as “Ame nochi HAAREMU” – is based on the Japanese adage 雨のち晴れ – Ame nochi hare, or “After the rain comes fair weather.”
“Hare” is the “fair weather” part of that, and it’s easy to see how that became “harem,” so it’s a pun.
For reference, here’s the song:
Can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that – or if I did, I can’t believe I didn’t try to localize it better.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to MOTHER 3 Harems and Titles
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!