Animated EarthBound Comics
The other day, the super-awesome kenisu sent in a really cool tidbit of info I never realized (but should have):
Just a little tidbit I thought others might like to know.
If you’re paying attention to the titles of the MOTHER 3 BGM, #228 (“Rain, Followed by a Harem”) might seem a little weird to you. We know where the harem comes in, but what does rain have to do with what’s going on during this part of the game?
This is because 雨のちハーレム – Romanized as “Ame nochi HAAREMU” – is based on the Japanese adage 雨のち晴れ – Ame nochi hare, or “After the rain comes fair weather.”
“Hare” is the “fair weather” part of that, and it’s easy to see how that became “harem,” so it’s a pun.
For reference, here’s the song:
Can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that – or if I did, I can’t believe I didn’t try to localize it better.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to MOTHER 3 Harems and Titles
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.