The other day, the super-awesome kenisu sent in a really cool tidbit of info I never realized (but should have):
Just a little tidbit I thought others might like to know.
If you’re paying attention to the titles of the MOTHER 3 BGM, #228 (“Rain, Followed by a Harem”) might seem a little weird to you. We know where the harem comes in, but what does rain have to do with what’s going on during this part of the game?
This is because 雨のちハーレム – Romanized as “Ame nochi HAAREMU” – is based on the Japanese adage 雨のち晴れ – Ame nochi hare, or “After the rain comes fair weather.”
“Hare” is the “fair weather” part of that, and it’s easy to see how that became “harem,” so it’s a pun.
For reference, here’s the song:
Can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that – or if I did, I can’t believe I didn’t try to localize it better.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to MOTHER 3 Harems and Titles
- Anonymous: This is too cute. Also, for a while there, I was starting to think all Pokémon would appear.
- AwelCruiz: Hate to be “that guy”, but Banjo-Kazooie and Conker aren’t Nintendo properties. They may have been at one point, but...
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;