MOTHER Series in Nintendo World
The other day, the super-awesome kenisu sent in a really cool tidbit of info I never realized (but should have):
Just a little tidbit I thought others might like to know.
If you’re paying attention to the titles of the MOTHER 3 BGM, #228 (“Rain, Followed by a Harem”) might seem a little weird to you. We know where the harem comes in, but what does rain have to do with what’s going on during this part of the game?
This is because 雨のちハーレム – Romanized as “Ame nochi HAAREMU” – is based on the Japanese adage 雨のち晴れ – Ame nochi hare, or “After the rain comes fair weather.”
“Hare” is the “fair weather” part of that, and it’s easy to see how that became “harem,” so it’s a pun.
For reference, here’s the song:
Can’t believe I didn’t pick up on that – or if I did, I can’t believe I didn’t try to localize it better.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to MOTHER 3 Harems and Titles
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues