English MOTHER 3 on eBay?
August 30th, 2012 | Itoi
Today let’s take a look at my e-mails and pick a topic of discussion!
This one is from Nate and is about how Itoi probably views the MOTHER series/EarthBound:
Did you ever think that ‘the man’ Shigasato Itoi always thought as the Mother series as a trivial part of his career and like a picture-book story facet to his career that he never gave it too much thought as to it’s success outside Japan? Think about this: Mr. Itoi is a multi faceted celebrity in Japan. He produces everything from kids books, to video games, to day planners. It just seems like to me, EB’s commercial success just isn’t that big of a deal to him. With Itoi pulling the strings, NoJ isn’t in any position to rush him… Anyway, I just thought you [tomato] might have some insight into my theory.
This has always been my personal take on the situation – working on video games was just one tiny part of his career, like a side story almost. That’s why I’m always confused when I see fans cussing at him for not making a MOTHER 4.
Also, I very much think that although Itoi knows that the series is popular overseas, he doesn’t really grasp it. Even just the other day he remarked on Twitter how he was surprised by its overseas popularity. So it wouldn’t surprise me if nothing’s happened with the series (such as a Virtual Console release with the issues fixed) because he’s in no real rush to do anything with it.
That’s how I see it anyway – what do you think?
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Mailbag: Itoi and EarthBound
Leave a reply
- bailey bow uggs boots maat 36 299: Cheap ugg, ugg Sales Men & Women Cheap ugg – Official Site
- ugg boots nordstrom rack 975: cheap ugg Cheap Sales – Shop cheap ugg free shipping. Cheap ugg – Official Site
- ugg boots promo code 726: cheap ugg Cheap Men & Women Online France Fashion Trends for Women in Winter
- JCSmith: I think I might just call up my local Gamestop and ask if they’ve got these boxes. If they do, I’ll sweet talk the manager...
- Ness1985: I see, but Gamestop has been irrelevant for years upon years. I understand about the article though.