PSI Piano Omega
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
- GSUser: Too Bad. Also I Colored It Just For Fun, Not Like Someone Told To Do That.
- KingMike: Still treated a bit different in that even Japan did not get Mother 1 on 3DS VC. (though 3DS VC seems to have been kind of dead in all...
- Obama: No, there isn’t. And there was literally no point to have done that. This was meant to be in black and white.
- DJMankiewitz: The Japanese game was treated just like any other VC release (which makes sense, because for them, it was). Our’s was clearly...
- next-gen: Eerie sounds I bet originally after liberating masked man mind and after killing Porky there was planned to encounter third final boss in...