EarthBound Naming Music, Live
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (SNES, 1995) Fully C.I.B. Big Box copy with 6 Scratch/Sniffs & MORE
- Chivi-chivik: The reference was VERY obvious, to be honest XD
- AwelCruiz: Luckily for you, I posted about it in MiiVerse: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl v-IffXIAAE8-X.jpg:large Excuse the quality, it was taken...
- Bubbleman: There was also another hint for Ness in the Nintendo Badge Arcade last week, where the bunny says something about ESP Kirby looking...
- Anonymous User: Impressive! I love SNES samples, and especially the ones from this game! 😀
- Acedio: Man, that sample from “The Place” at 3:27 is sooooo nice.