EarthBound From Other Things
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
- Baptiste Faussat: I was going to start a Let’s Play series of EarthBound (with the subtitle “The exact opposite of Starbound”...
- adex: you can already pre-order them from ebay.
- Chivi-chivik: Red was supposed to be named ‘Ninten’, but they changed that in the end, so it’s not something hidden, it’s...
- Kebby: I’m a recent buyer of the game, for a significant amount below average. I have a SNES and have wanted the game for a while, but after...
- Lostindark: Wow, i’m a french fan of the mother series and i wasn’t aware of it too ! Too bad it isn’t mother 3, because i think...