MOTHER 3’s Ocho Makes a Cameo
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 mini figure with Stand NES Takara Japan
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...
- Boodledump: This is awesome!