MOTHER 3 and Japanese Fans, Revisited
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
- Anonymous: You’re making assumptions slanted by your pessimism surrounding the game, to a degree where you fallaciously metamorphosed what I...
- Oh My: Yes, it made sense for them to take advantage of Google results by calling it Mother 4, thereby granting them more interest from the Mother...
- Anonymous: “You’ve basically admitted that the developers named it that specifically for advertising purposes.” – Oh my “I...
- Oh My: I don’t see the problem. We’re arguing civilly. We’re not calling each other names or anything. It was your decision to...
- Some Guy: I have to agree with PSIPumpkin. Let’s move on.