Player 2 Press Start EarthBound LP
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
- DJMankiewitz: I’d be wary of reading any Australian magazine, because it might actually be a wolf spider or some other horrible thing.
- DavemanDeluxe: “The story is a surreal blend of school children and aliens, with some of the weirdest characters you’ll ever meet.” I...
- Liliana: “…and should do well in the States, too” I wish…
- Anonymous: It’s a little weird reading old EarthBound articles and thinking about how in retrospect their expectations of the game were...
- MarioFan3: I haven’t been here in yonks. Considering the article mentions that Mother was talked about in an earlier issue there must be...