Super Smash Bound Fan Game
A while back 1up.com posted a teaser of an interview with Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka, one of the musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2/EarthBound. It looks like the full interview is finally up – check it out here!
Among many things, he discusses EarthBound, his approach to composing the music for EarthBound, the size of the MOTHER 2 fanbase, and more. There’s also this quote:
The sampling issue is a little sensitive, because… well, I don’t know for sure, but it sounds like that is one of the reasons EarthBound is not able to come out in America. It’s a topic we should probably avoid.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Hip Tanaka Talks about EarthBound
- vince94: They know how attached/devoted we are to the world and the characters, I don’t think they’d change much. The backlash would be...
- Anonymous: Hopefully this will finally get Mother fans to address their mental health issues and rejoin the rest of society.
- NessinEagleland: Noticing that mato isnt responding to the conspiracy theories that hes somehow involved. Honestly i do hope NOA americanizes the...
- SmaMan: Part of me wants to believe won’t censor their translation since they know just how big the following behind Mother is. Some brought...
- Ness1985: Chances are if Nintendo is actually doing it with their translation, it’ll be neutered, butchered & heavily censored.