EarthBound Central Random Talk #1
August 11th, 2012 | MOTHER 1
There’s something I’ve been wondering about lately. Here’s the back story of MOTHER 1:
And, as we learn early on, George is Ninten’s great-grandfather.
What I’m curious about is when did George and Maria have a kid in the first place?
They couldn’t have had a kid after the abduction – unless it somehow wound up back on Earth too, but it’s strange that that would be left out of the story.
I suppose it’s possible they had a kid before they were abducted, but there’s no mention of a child at all – you’d think something as traumatic as a kid being torn away his/her family would get a mention. Plus, for some reason, I always had the impression that they were newlyweds or that they were at least somewhat young. I guess they could’ve been middle-aged or old people, but Queen Mary never gave off any sort of old person vibe.
I’m sure I’m missing something important here, so if you have any ideas share them in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to George and Maria’s Child
Leave a reply
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true
- Brandon: This looks better than the NES version in so many ways! They should try Earthbound using Mother 3′s graphics. It would be so cool....
- Mato: I think it’s 1+2 only, as it uses my translation tools to insert the text.
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?
- Tente: Mato, please, please, please, if you ever have any free time (I’m not sure if you really do, sorry…) could you do us a favor and...