MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

August 26th, 2012 | EarthBound, Videos

Being an EarthBound guy, I at one point somehow wound up with like two or three EarthBound cartridges (only have one now, though). But that’s nothing compared to xfis!

You know, I think a house built out of EarthBound cartridges would be a good way to flaunt your money if you ever won the lottery.

18 Comments to Five EarthBounds

September said on Aug. 26, 2012

I wanted to cry when I saw this the first time. If only I had the money, I would buy myself a SNES and an EarthBound cartridge. One day…

StarmanFan said on Aug. 26, 2012

Mother of God!!!!!!!!!!

Jondo said on Aug. 26, 2012

Now burn them all, xfis 😀

dan said on Aug. 26, 2012

i lost mine in hurricane katrina.

Wafflo said on Aug. 26, 2012

Hi Tomato, I’ve been looking your Mother 2 vs Earthbound articles and you wonder about a girl in Magicant that says she’s named Nico and dances and sings. That wasn’t in the original japanese version so you kinda wondered where did “Nico” come from.

There happens to be a band called The Velvet Underground, from the 60s, that’s been acclaimed a lot by critics. Their debut album from 1967 (same year as Sgt. Pepper’s) was callaed “The Velvet Underground & Nico” where Nico was a german female singer, often criticised for how she didn’t fit with the band.

Wafflo said on Aug. 26, 2012

Sorry for the off topic, I want an Earthbound cartridge so bad, too bad that I’ve never seen one here in Chile 🙁

Ness1985 said on Aug. 26, 2012

LET OTHER PEOPLE GET THEIR COPIES OF EARTHBOUND, STOP HOGGING THE CARTS FOR YOURSELF!!…..just kidding, I would probably do the same thing too if they were affordable.

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 26, 2012

Save some for the next Gen guys. I would love to play Earthbound but it costs a lot and I Don’t own an SNES. Unless the fans remade the game and made It free to play on the computer “wink wink”

Halloween said on Aug. 26, 2012

They kinda did that chugga..?

BusterTheFox said on Aug. 26, 2012

“A house build out of Earthbound cartridges”? Am I the only one here who thought of Minecraft? 🙂

@Halloween Umm… Mind linking me to that website? :/ I’ve never seen or heard of a free Earthbound remake. Unless you’re talking about ROMs, in which case the fans didn’t remake it and it’s not LEGALLY free to play…

bahooney said on Aug. 26, 2012

I honestly don’t understand why everyone, ever, who has wanted to play EarthBound hasn’t just emulated it already. I seriously doubt at this point, Nintendo’s going to thumb through people’s history and be like, “WAIT. WAIT, THEY- THEY DOWNLOAD EARTHBOUND. EVEN THOUGH WE AREN’T MAKING ANY MONEY ON THIS WHATSOEVER, WE WILL THROW THEM IN JAIL FOR PIRATING A COPY OF A GAME THAT WE HAVE ABANDONED AND CAN SERIOUSLY NOT GENERATE ANY REVENUE FROM.” It’s just not going to happen.

Randomnintendoguy said on Aug. 26, 2012

For anyone wondering about emulator and rom stuff.

Ness said on Aug. 26, 2012

One day, I will be rich and I will buy Nintendo, and force them to create Mother 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and so on. They must also localize it in America and give away free copies along with Mr. Saturn Coffee Tables and a multi million dollar budget film of all Mother games created. I will also put shock collars on all the movie stars to be sure there is no bad acting. I will also kidnap the accursed Reggie Fils-Aime and force him to sing for the rest of his years on a stage. He must sing all of the Mother songs as viewers request. If he doesn’t hit the note high enough, a Mother fan gets to beat him wildly with a baseball bat.

Tayo said on Aug. 27, 2012

I’m so glad I chose to get a copy of Earthbound to play it. I’ve only beaten Mother, and I recently won Earthbound on Ebay, so I want to play it the way it was intended. Plus, I just want to feel the way I did as a kid getting so excited about a new SNES game and playing it on my old TV. It brings back so much nostalgia while being able to enjoy Earthbound for the first time the way it was intended.

SSBMaster11 said on Aug. 27, 2012

Ah, memories…I remember when I first got my cartridge of EarthBound. At the time, I didn’t know what to expect, so I was a little skeptical, but hopeful, considering that I payed around 100 dollars for a 17 year old game. From the moment I first started playing it, I absolutely loved it. It is now, by far, my favorite game ever.

If I were to collect multiple copies of any game, it would probably be EarthBound. As far as I can remember, the only time I’ve ever had multiple copies of any game is if my original copy broke. That tended to happen a lot to my Melee disc…

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Aug. 27, 2012

@Randomnintendoguy

Nintendo simply doesn’t have the time to bother with regulars like us to not download ROMs.

It’s illegal, but that doesn’t mean Nintendo has Big Brother-esque cameras all over the world to detect piracy in households.

RedDekuScrub said on Aug. 27, 2012

Some people invest in Gold and Silver. This way is much more safe.

Anonymous said on Apr. 11, 2013

^That made my day. Also now a guy on ebay somehow got TEN to sell. (and you guys probably thought five was a lot)