Random Post:

Onett Rubber Stamp

August 24th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1

A couple weeks ago a Japanese fan released a new fan-made MOTHER album at the most recent Comiket. It’s called “Mother Notes” and has arranged music from the first two games.

I don’t think it’s for sale anymore – I think it was only available at Comiket for 500 yen. But you can hear a sample of the music here:

For some more details on the CD, you can visit the site here!

21 Comments to Fan Album: Mother Notes

Carl said on Aug. 24, 2012

It’s interesting that the track listing at that site lists Twoson as “Tucson.” Wasn’t it written “Twoson,” in English, even in the Japanese version of the game?

Mato said on Aug. 24, 2012

Yeah, it was. What most likely happened is that the creator did an online search for how it should be spelled based on the katakana, and Tucson came up because it’s an actual place.

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 24, 2012

When I hear this it makes me think that there is a hope of a new generation of Mother fans.

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 24, 2012

Hey Mato, should I be censured that I like mother and I’m 12 or is it good to be a new generation fan?

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 24, 2012

sorry “concerned”

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 24, 2012

sorry. I meant to say concerned

Mato said on Aug. 24, 2012

Age doesn’t matter – the requirement for being on this site is to beat Battletoads without cheating

Carl said on Aug. 24, 2012

Heh, I was actually talking about Battletoads’ insane difficulty with a couple of friends a few days ago. I actually don’t think I’ve ever beaten the game without a Game Genie, and was thinking of giving it a go this weekend, not that I expect to succeed.

Ninten said on Aug. 24, 2012

What is Comiket?

Tayo said on Aug. 24, 2012

@Chuggaacontroy jr: Haha, I’m only 5 years older than you and I’ve only played Mother. I just bought Earthbound off of Ebay for 126 bucks and have barely even started it, but I’m so excited! But I really like seeing the younger generation having an appreciation for the older games. (I draw a distinct line in gaming generations between me and anyone really 12 or 13 and under). Most kids your age are stuck to the main crowd playing M-rated shooters.

Halloween said on Aug. 24, 2012

Kinda seems like they just put the main melodies to each song on top of a techno beat but okay haha. Don’t know if I could take a whole album of that but you know if people keep making albums we’ll eventually get another masterpiece a la Bound Together.

Jason said on Aug. 24, 2012

Tucson REPRESENT! =D I’m from Tucson, so it was always really cool to have a city in Earthbound with a name that sounded similar. I was really excited when the game first came out.

BusterTheFox said on Aug. 25, 2012

AH HELL, IT’S MIKU!!! >_< I've had ENOUGH of Vocaloids from playing osu!. That's the second sample, by the way.

But otherwise, kind of interesting how they gave it all a techno style. It would be nice to listen to the whole thing. Maybe there's somewhere I could download a copy of the album…

357 said on Aug. 25, 2012

@chuggaaaconroy jr.: Kids, grownups, and even young women.

Radic said on Aug. 25, 2012

Kids, grownups, hippies, toads, Master Belches, aliens, fat kids, runaway dogs, snakes, and even young women!

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Aug. 25, 2012

@357 you got that from the japense mother 1+2 commercial.

Radic said on Aug. 25, 2012

It’s MOTHER 2’s campaigning slogan.

VGTHG said on Aug. 27, 2012

Actually ordered this, wanting for it to come in the mail.

jinxkatty7 said on Aug. 30, 2012

AHHHH! Help I can’t stopp dancing! 😀 It’s so amazing. :’) Beautiful.

Clowkero said on Jun. 2, 2013

AHHHH!!!!!! HATSUNE MIKU IS SINGING!!!