Original Franklin Badge Video
About once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get the best deals and avoid getting ripped off. Here are the latest prices if you’re interested:
- EarthBound cart: $146 (down from $159, lowest: $74.99 / highest: $209.99)
- EarthBound guide: $98 (up from $89, lowest: $40 / highest: $172.50)
- EarthBound complete set: $802 (up from $625, lowest: $366.65 / highest: $1999.99)
It looks like EarthBound carts have gone down a bit in price. But the guide and especially the complete set sells for quite a bit more than it did this time last month. It really seems like complete sets are getting rarer, and the only ones being sold are pristine ones or VGA-graded ones. I guess fans are starting to hoard them or something 😛
Anyway, I was actually surprised by how cheap some of the cart-only ones went for. If you’re looking for a deal on an EarthBound cart, hope isn’t lost! Here are two other that sold for way less than normal, for example:
So if you keep a sharp eye out, you can get some pretty good deals!
Last month I posted some questions I got about EarthBound pricing, this month I actually got a bunch of thank you e-mails about buyearthbound.com. I thought I’d share a couple 😀
Want to thank you for making this site. It’s really well thought out, direct and smart. I’ve seen people trying to explain high game prices with nonsense and hearsay and there is none of that on BuyEB. It’s just clear cut logic that I am seeing less and less on collecting/fan sites for classic games these days.
Although I’ve had my EB since release, you have to or hopefully will be helping a lot of others save money on EB. You should make a note at the top that a lot of other titles can be had cheaper if some of the same logic is followed; some of the info is sound advice for anyone trying to collect highly desired/highly priced titles on any system (the MMX titles for example).
Btw, you may want to look into gathering pricing info from videogamepricecharts.com, a non biased (well, as far as I can tell) real time price/sales aggregating site. I don’t know the logistics of ferreting data to BuyEB, but it could make keeping BuyEB up to date easier:
It’s a shame you had to make it at all, but you’re definitely doing a public service that people on other sites like NintendoAge would never bother doing. Thanks again!
As an up and coming college student, I have a fairly small budget, and my budget for video games is even smaller. I’ve had my eye on Earthbound since my brother took it when he moved out years ago(lucky jerk) and thanks to your write up I was able to find one in good condition for about 40 bucks cheaper than I thought I was going to have to pay(I’m usually impatient so I’ll just check buy it nows…)
Just wanted to say thanks and let you know that at least one person really appreciates the work that you’ve done. I’m betting you’ve saved a lot more people than just me a ton of money, with tips that are ACTUALLY useful.
I’m glad to hear all this stuff is helping fans – I wasn’t really sure how useful it was to people, so it’s good to hear it is!
As always, I have lots of tips and info on buying EarthBound at buyearthbound.com, so check it out if you’re planning to buy any of the above anytime soon – you could save lots of money!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Aug 2012)
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic