August 8th, 2012 | Fan Games, MOTHER 1

Ploaj is working on a remake of EarthBound Zero/MOTHER 1 using MOTHER 3-like graphics. Here are some screenshots:

Kind of reminds me of this old post.

Anyway, you can read more about the project here!

16 Comments to Another EarthBound Zero Remake

OM said on Aug. 8, 2012

So this isn’t a modification of the existing Mother 3 engine, but a from-the-ground-up remake? Whoa.

Ninten said on Aug. 8, 2012

Knowing history of these attempts this project will end up dead. This is like the third attempt I have seen someone try to remake Mother 1 using mother 3 graphics. :\

TheZunar123 said on Aug. 8, 2012

I hope this won’t end up dead, it looks really good. Also, I’m pretty sure he won’t abandon it because AFAIK he’s already got a lot of the main stuff down, such as the battle system, the menu system, etc.

gBev said on Aug. 8, 2012

If those pictures really are actual in-game screenshots, this remake is definitely farther along than any of the other ones. Having been a part of Toast’s remake, most of the shots from that were complete mock-ups, the most we ever got done was a very pre-alpha battle system with one enemy.

I have high hopes for this project though, it looks like a lot of work is already done.

ctodaj said on Aug. 8, 2012

Is this a rom hack or a RPG Maker executable?

Ploaj said on Aug. 8, 2012

Cool! I didn’t expect to be mentioned here 😀

I would just like to say that there is no chance I’ll ever completely abandon it. I tried this last year but I accidentally deleted the engine so I restarted. Since I still wanted this to be a reality I restarted.
This from scratch in Game Maker.
It’s currently only 5 days old actually, and I’ve already got the menus and a majority of the battle and over-world systems done. 😉

TheZunar123 said on Aug. 8, 2012

Great work, Ploaj! I’m really anxious for this, as well as the Mother Remake. If you need a tester, I’d be glad to help.

earthboundfan15 said on Aug. 8, 2012

I hope this project doesn’t fail. Great work Ploaj! I was wondering if I could be a tester, I would be gald to help?

Halloween said on Aug. 9, 2012

Nice… looking good so far. It’ll be a fun day when it’s finished.

Hawk EB said on Aug. 9, 2012

I will be game tester for free,love this project!

Mr. Nosy said on Aug. 10, 2012

Apparently, I am not the only one who is reminded of old attempts…
I am surprised that they died.

ozucabora said on Aug. 11, 2012

Wow! That’s amazing!!

mother fan said on Apr. 23, 2013

is this one will be a rom hack of mother 3 I wish so that I can than play it on my psp .

Tobi said on Oct. 2, 2013

Well, is this dead or still in development? :/

pirater un compte facebook bazooka said on Dec. 2, 2013

I enjoy, lead to I discovered just what I was looking for.
You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a great day. Bye

johnyvigea said on Feb. 5, 2014

ploaj! can i be a tester? i’ll work free