EarthBound Gets Burned
While looking through some old magazine scans, I stumbled upon this trick in MOTHER 2 that I never heard of before. I don’t know if it works in EarthBound, but I bet that it does.
It’s not much of a useful trick, just a glitch if anything. Basically, the game will pull the wrong item out of Tracy’s storage if you do things a certain way.
- Fill your party members’ inventories all the way up, except for Ness’s
- Go to Tracy’s room and ask her to give you an item out of her storage (don’t call Escargo Express, it doesn’t work)
- When you’re asked who to give the item to, select one of the people whose inventories are full
- The game won’t allow this, of course. So now select Ness as the person to give the item to
- Ness will be given an item, but not the one you chose. Instead, you’ll be given a different item from storage. What’s chosen depends on this:
- If you chose Paula, you’ll get the item one slot over (to the right of the one you chose)
- If you chose Jeff, you’ll get the item two slots over (one slot below the one you chose)
- If you chose Poo, you’ll get the item three slots over (to the right and below the one you chose)
Now, is this actually useful at all? I don’t know, but new tricks and ways of playing the game are usually based on little, insignificant glitches like this, so maybe someone imaginative can figure out what to do with this!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to The Tracy Storage Glitch
Leave a reply
- Halloween: Pretty funny, where do you find these?
- Vukadin: @KingOfSwords Thank you good sir, at least I know that I’m not the only one.
- johnr754: @Tente; Maybe it’s because the Japanese prefer minor change over major change. For example, Super Mario 64 did not do as well as...
- KingOfSwords: I feel just the same way, Vukadin.
- PK Derp: I know it’s late but that’s Ni no Kuni. Although, I don’t recognise the first Earthbound-y picture.