The T-Rex’s Bat Challenge
While looking through some old magazine scans, I stumbled upon this trick in MOTHER 2 that I never heard of before. I don’t know if it works in EarthBound, but I bet that it does.
It’s not much of a useful trick, just a glitch if anything. Basically, the game will pull the wrong item out of Tracy’s storage if you do things a certain way.
- Fill your party members’ inventories all the way up, except for Ness’s
- Go to Tracy’s room and ask her to give you an item out of her storage (don’t call Escargo Express, it doesn’t work)
- When you’re asked who to give the item to, select one of the people whose inventories are full
- The game won’t allow this, of course. So now select Ness as the person to give the item to
- Ness will be given an item, but not the one you chose. Instead, you’ll be given a different item from storage. What’s chosen depends on this:
- If you chose Paula, you’ll get the item one slot over (to the right of the one you chose)
- If you chose Jeff, you’ll get the item two slots over (one slot below the one you chose)
- If you chose Poo, you’ll get the item three slots over (to the right and below the one you chose)
Now, is this actually useful at all? I don’t know, but new tricks and ways of playing the game are usually based on little, insignificant glitches like this, so maybe someone imaginative can figure out what to do with this!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to The Tracy Storage Glitch
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.