Giant Mr. Saturn Event Round-Up
While looking through some old magazine scans, I stumbled upon this trick in MOTHER 2 that I never heard of before. I don’t know if it works in EarthBound, but I bet that it does.
It’s not much of a useful trick, just a glitch if anything. Basically, the game will pull the wrong item out of Tracy’s storage if you do things a certain way.
- Fill your party members’ inventories all the way up, except for Ness’s
- Go to Tracy’s room and ask her to give you an item out of her storage (don’t call Escargo Express, it doesn’t work)
- When you’re asked who to give the item to, select one of the people whose inventories are full
- The game won’t allow this, of course. So now select Ness as the person to give the item to
- Ness will be given an item, but not the one you chose. Instead, you’ll be given a different item from storage. What’s chosen depends on this:
- If you chose Paula, you’ll get the item one slot over (to the right of the one you chose)
- If you chose Jeff, you’ll get the item two slots over (one slot below the one you chose)
- If you chose Poo, you’ll get the item three slots over (to the right and below the one you chose)
Now, is this actually useful at all? I don’t know, but new tricks and ways of playing the game are usually based on little, insignificant glitches like this, so maybe someone imaginative can figure out what to do with this!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to The Tracy Storage Glitch
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...