Replacing an EarthBound Battery
EarthBound was released about this time 17 years ago, so many of the game batteries are probably dead or dying by now. If you want to save your game, you need a working battery, but how do you replace the battery? You can either do it yourself or have someone do it for you.
Do it yourself
If you want to do it yourself, this article has always been the go-to resource it seems. You’ll need a couple cheap tools and some basic soldering skills.
Personally, I suck at soldering and I’m worried I’ll end up blowing up the battery with the soldering iron or something. If you’re in the same boat, you can have someone do it for you.
Have someone do it for you
There are a number of places online that will replace your game’s battery for you. You’ll want to do your homework before sending your cart to anyone, of course.
- Battery replacement at eStarland.com – about $6 to $10
- This guy on NintendoAge
- Nintendo Repair Shop – about $10
There are probably other service providers too, so if you know of any good ones, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to Replacing an EarthBound Battery
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?