EarthBound Display Boxes
I was browsing Starmen.Net’s archives from 10 years ago this month and realized that it was about 10 years ago exactly that the first rumors about the MOTHER 1+2 port and the MOTHER 3 GBA release started to leak out. Here’s the first one we heard of, posted on July 3, 2002. It’s from the old Japanese “Famitsu Cube” magazine:
I’ve heard that one game company is going to revive a masterpiece RPG of the past for Advance.
And it’s not your usual ordinary game.
The one-and-only masterpiece that everybody has long waited for.
And this is the part where it gets interesting.
They’re first gonna release the revived games, but after that, there’re gonna release a completely new sequel for Advance!
Hmm, a masterpiece of masterpiece RPGs… you mean “******”?
No kidding!? I can still believe the part about reviving for Advance, but it’s hard to believe the part about a new sequel on Advance…
Well, but if it’s true, I would like to believe the happy news!
I’d completely forgotten about this rumor, it’s cool to see that it came to be 100% true. Even if it did take almost four years for MOTHER 3 to come out 😛
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Old MOTHER 1+2 & 3 Rumors
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?