EarthBound on Wii U Pics
I was browsing Starmen.Net’s archives from 10 years ago this month and realized that it was about 10 years ago exactly that the first rumors about the MOTHER 1+2 port and the MOTHER 3 GBA release started to leak out. Here’s the first one we heard of, posted on July 3, 2002. It’s from the old Japanese “Famitsu Cube” magazine:
I’ve heard that one game company is going to revive a masterpiece RPG of the past for Advance.
And it’s not your usual ordinary game.
The one-and-only masterpiece that everybody has long waited for.
And this is the part where it gets interesting.
They’re first gonna release the revived games, but after that, there’re gonna release a completely new sequel for Advance!
Hmm, a masterpiece of masterpiece RPGs… you mean “******”?
No kidding!? I can still believe the part about reviving for Advance, but it’s hard to believe the part about a new sequel on Advance…
Well, but if it’s true, I would like to believe the happy news!
I’d completely forgotten about this rumor, it’s cool to see that it came to be 100% true. Even if it did take almost four years for MOTHER 3 to come out 😛
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Old MOTHER 1+2 & 3 Rumors
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic