Weekly Round-Up #37
In the past we’ve looked at a few mentions in old Nintendo Powers of the NES “Earth Bound” game, but there were other less-obvious mentions of the game in the magazine at the time:
I think one of the known EB Zero prototype cartridges actually originated from one of Nintendo Power’s game play counselors (none of the ones above, though). For more info on that, see here.
These little mentions are interesting though – they show just how close Nintendo probably was to releasing the game 😯
Thanks to Bryce for the scans!
EDIT: I forgot to include Bryce’s note:
I know this is obscure, but I thought these three references to Earthbound in old Nintendo Powers were interesting. The first two scans are from May 1991 with Vice: Project Doom on the cover (the second image is from a Player’s Poll Survey Card); the third scan is from February 1991 with Star Tropics on the cover. Surprising, how it seemed like a sure thing that it was on its way to the States, considering it was never released.
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Old EarthBound Zero Mentions
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...