MOTHER 1+2 Translation Status
In the past we’ve looked at a few mentions in old Nintendo Powers of the NES “Earth Bound” game, but there were other less-obvious mentions of the game in the magazine at the time:
I think one of the known EB Zero prototype cartridges actually originated from one of Nintendo Power’s game play counselors (none of the ones above, though). For more info on that, see here.
These little mentions are interesting though – they show just how close Nintendo probably was to releasing the game 😯
Thanks to Bryce for the scans!
EDIT: I forgot to include Bryce’s note:
I know this is obscure, but I thought these three references to Earthbound in old Nintendo Powers were interesting. The first two scans are from May 1991 with Vice: Project Doom on the cover (the second image is from a Player’s Poll Survey Card); the third scan is from February 1991 with Star Tropics on the cover. Surprising, how it seemed like a sure thing that it was on its way to the States, considering it was never released.
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Old EarthBound Zero Mentions
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...