Weekly Round-Up #55
In the past we’ve looked at a few mentions in old Nintendo Powers of the NES “Earth Bound” game, but there were other less-obvious mentions of the game in the magazine at the time:
I think one of the known EB Zero prototype cartridges actually originated from one of Nintendo Power’s game play counselors (none of the ones above, though). For more info on that, see here.
These little mentions are interesting though – they show just how close Nintendo probably was to releasing the game
Thanks to Bryce for the scans!
EDIT: I forgot to include Bryce’s note:
I know this is obscure, but I thought these three references to Earthbound in old Nintendo Powers were interesting. The first two scans are from May 1991 with Vice: Project Doom on the cover (the second image is from a Player’s Poll Survey Card); the third scan is from February 1991 with Star Tropics on the cover. Surprising, how it seemed like a sure thing that it was on its way to the States, considering it was never released.
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Old EarthBound Zero Mentions
Leave a reply
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?
- Tente: Mato, please, please, please, if you ever have any free time (I’m not sure if you really do, sorry…) could you do us a favor and...
- EpicJackman: @johnr754 More appropriately, AAH! Giegue!
- spiderfreak1011: YES! I CAN FINALLY GET ALL THE ULTIMATE WEAPONS!
- johnr754: @Jdaster64 What about Giygas? AAH! Giygas! (laughs)