EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
In the past we’ve looked at a few mentions in old Nintendo Powers of the NES “Earth Bound” game, but there were other less-obvious mentions of the game in the magazine at the time:
I think one of the known EB Zero prototype cartridges actually originated from one of Nintendo Power’s game play counselors (none of the ones above, though). For more info on that, see here.
These little mentions are interesting though – they show just how close Nintendo probably was to releasing the game 😯
Thanks to Bryce for the scans!
EDIT: I forgot to include Bryce’s note:
I know this is obscure, but I thought these three references to Earthbound in old Nintendo Powers were interesting. The first two scans are from May 1991 with Vice: Project Doom on the cover (the second image is from a Player’s Poll Survey Card); the third scan is from February 1991 with Star Tropics on the cover. Surprising, how it seemed like a sure thing that it was on its way to the States, considering it was never released.
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Old EarthBound Zero Mentions
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues