The MOTHER 3 E-mail
By now, many fans of MOTHER 3 know about the debug room that lets you go to key points throughout the game. Lesser known is that there are similar points elsewhere in the game that let you jump to specific parts of Chapter 7.
Basically, under unknown conditions, Magypsy sprites show up in some locations, and if you talk to them you can choose where in Chapter 7 to go. I first became aware of this debug menu while translating the game – you can see it all in the script data here.
Now, how to access these reliably is still a mystery. Many years ago some folks (including me, I think?) managed to find a way to access Doria outside of Osohe castle. More info on that here.
Anyway, RyukaValis recently found others by accident! Check out the video here:
For more info on this new discovery, see here.
Again, how to make this happen is still unclear. So it’ll be some time until anyone learns how to reliably access these debug characters. If anyone finds out, please let me know!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER 3 Magypsy Debug Menus
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.