Let’s Get Diamondized!
By now, many fans of MOTHER 3 know about the debug room that lets you go to key points throughout the game. Lesser known is that there are similar points elsewhere in the game that let you jump to specific parts of Chapter 7.
Basically, under unknown conditions, Magypsy sprites show up in some locations, and if you talk to them you can choose where in Chapter 7 to go. I first became aware of this debug menu while translating the game – you can see it all in the script data here.
Now, how to access these reliably is still a mystery. Many years ago some folks (including me, I think?) managed to find a way to access Doria outside of Osohe castle. More info on that here.
Anyway, RyukaValis recently found others by accident! Check out the video here:
For more info on this new discovery, see here.
Again, how to make this happen is still unclear. So it’ll be some time until anyone learns how to reliably access these debug characters. If anyone finds out, please let me know!
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to MOTHER 3 Magypsy Debug Menus
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...