Random Post:

EarthBound Teachings

July 11th, 2012 | Fan Games, MOTHER 1, Videos

It’s interesting how for the past many years EarthBound fans have been clamoring to remake EarthBound Zero using various different tools. The latest attempt is by AcePsycho, who’s used Game Maker Lite to re-create the intro from the game:

AcePsycho adds:

This is an Earthbound Zero remake that I attempted. This is only the intro, but if I get enough views on my video, then I will continue working on it some more.

Besides this, I think there’ve been like 2 or 3 RPG Maker attempts at an EB0 remake, the ROM hack I started many years ago that was later revived by other fans, and I think I’m forgetting one or two others. Someday one of them will get done 😛

14 Comments to EB Zero Intro in Game Maker

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Jul. 11, 2012

First commit oh ya and nice job i would play this

Lollita said on Jul. 11, 2012

Earthbound zero has great and really creative story. I love to play if there is some completely remake game.

Covarr said on Jul. 11, 2012

Game Maker is far more versatile than RPG Maker. Provided this AcePsycho can keep lag to a minimum (a major problem with Game Maker) this is plenty doable. He should probably buy the full version though, for access to the software’s scripting engine; it’s faster and more powerful than the drag and drop code that Game Maker Lite is limited to.

Ness17 said on Jul. 11, 2012
linkdude20002001 said on Jul. 11, 2012

I love the battle song. The remix sounds familiar… Where’s it from?

dwiese1998 said on Jul. 11, 2012

you have probobly heard it if you are a fan of psipaula 4 on youtube..

Stuffgamer1 said on Jul. 11, 2012

Yeah, I wish one of these remakes WOULD get finished. I haven’t been able to bring myself to finish EarthBound Zero (or figure out download the Mother 1 translation…I seem to recall installing Mother 3 on the flash cart I bought specifically for that game being a hassle), so I think a remake is the best way for me to go.

Buster The Fox said on Jul. 11, 2012

Mainly, I have to say that I’m loving the remixed music he’s using.

I make games too, but the program I use is sorta geared towards beginners, so it doesn’t support a few important things. I’m taking a java class in the fall, though… I’d like to try my hand at re-making the battle system, at least. 🙂

DJMankiewicz said on Jul. 11, 2012

This looks great. The conversion of Mother 1 to Mother 2’s engine is also very impressive, but a complete remake seems a better fit. The art assets can be original that way, the music can potentially be of higher quality, and there’s no need to run it on an emulator or an expensive custom cart as it’ll be something portable to various current OSes.

If this remake gets off the ground, one thing that should certainly be done is to make encounters work as in later entries. It would go a long way towards making the game more accessible. The original would and SHOULD still exist for that experience (and an “original mode” could exist in this update), but stuff like random encounters just aren’t good for gameplay. They were created as a necessity for older games and are best left to the past. Along such updates, allow saving anywhere and smooth out the leveling curve and make some fight mechanics across various enemies a little more interesting.

AcePsycho said on Jul. 12, 2012

Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback! Seeing how this is going…..I guess I’ll continue working on the game some more 🙂

Thanks for commenting.

Picksel said on Jul. 14, 2012

I love the way this looks. 😀 However, one thing that always bugged me was that the game referred to Teddy as a boy. I always though he’d was a young adult. Oh well. 😀 and I noticed AcePsyco had the cursor on O when naming the favorite food. Were you going to spell Oreos? 😉

DJMankiewicz said on Jul. 19, 2012

Well, Teddy IS a boy, as opposed to a girl. That can also indicate age, but that’s not always the case.

100earthbound said on Jul. 19, 2012

I LOVE that battle music! I would battle ALL the time if that music will play! 😀

eruditebound said on Oct. 23, 2012