EarthBound Video Collab Contest
Once every month I update the EarthBound price information on buyearthbound.com so fans can get the best deals and avoid getting ripped off. Here are the latest prices if you’re interested:
- EarthBound cart: $159 (down from $167, lowest: $79.99 / highest: $209.99)
- EarthBound guide: $89 (down from $101, lowest: $30 / highest: $150)
- EarthBound complete set: $625 (up from $464, lowest: $350 / highest: $1325)
EarthBound carts still continue to sell in abundance and for high prices, but for a little less than last month.
The guides have dropped in price a little, but because fewer guides sell there’ll always be bigger fluctuations than with the game.
The big story is that complete sets skyrocketed in price over the past month. You might think it’s because of the $1325 copy that sold, but there were a couple others in the $700-$900 range too. I don’t know what’s going on with complete copies anymore 😯
The other day I got an e-mail that I thought would be good to share here:
Alright, so the avg for an EB cart alone has gone through the roof. It’s insane. It’s… $167. What doesn’t make sense, though (and this is why I”m sending you a message), is why an EarthBound guide goes for an avg of $101. You’d think that the price would be higher for the guide, which is more rare, right?
My response was this:
Well, it isn’t always about rarity – in my experience prices tend to be more about what’s in demand. It’s the same thing with Zelda II for the NES – the gray cartridge is rarer but everyone wants the gold one because it’s gold.
In the case of EarthBound, more people want to play the game than have the guide, so the cart is in higher demand, resulting in higher prices.
As always, I have lots of tips and info on buying EarthBound at buyearthbound.com, so check it out if you’re planning to buy any of the above anytime soon – you could save lots of money!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (July 2012)
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...