Don’t Mess with Ness!
Once every month I update the EarthBound price information on buyearthbound.com so fans can get the best deals and avoid getting ripped off. Here are the latest prices if you’re interested:
- EarthBound cart: $159 (down from $167, lowest: $79.99 / highest: $209.99)
- EarthBound guide: $89 (down from $101, lowest: $30 / highest: $150)
- EarthBound complete set: $625 (up from $464, lowest: $350 / highest: $1325)
EarthBound carts still continue to sell in abundance and for high prices, but for a little less than last month.
The guides have dropped in price a little, but because fewer guides sell there’ll always be bigger fluctuations than with the game.
The big story is that complete sets skyrocketed in price over the past month. You might think it’s because of the $1325 copy that sold, but there were a couple others in the $700-$900 range too. I don’t know what’s going on with complete copies anymore 😯
The other day I got an e-mail that I thought would be good to share here:
Alright, so the avg for an EB cart alone has gone through the roof. It’s insane. It’s… $167. What doesn’t make sense, though (and this is why I”m sending you a message), is why an EarthBound guide goes for an avg of $101. You’d think that the price would be higher for the guide, which is more rare, right?
My response was this:
Well, it isn’t always about rarity – in my experience prices tend to be more about what’s in demand. It’s the same thing with Zelda II for the NES – the gray cartridge is rarer but everyone wants the gold one because it’s gold.
In the case of EarthBound, more people want to play the game than have the guide, so the cart is in higher demand, resulting in higher prices.
As always, I have lots of tips and info on buying EarthBound at buyearthbound.com, so check it out if you’re planning to buy any of the above anytime soon – you could save lots of money!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (July 2012)
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.