Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

July 30th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

I can’t remember if I’ve posted about this before or not, but many years ago good friend Kyo caught a clip of the MOTHER/EarthBound drugstore song being used on a Japanese TV show. Or at least something that sounds like it:

The clip is talking about someone who learned about farming or something during college and has used that knowledge of self-sufficiency for their current lifestyle.

7 Comments to Drugstore Song on Japanese TV

man said on Jul. 30, 2012

Reminds me of this from TVTropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciouslySimilarSong

That article is much less interesting than when I last read it, however.

linkdude20002001 said on Jul. 30, 2012

Since Humouresque of a Little Dog is based on the some old song from Texas, it’s probably that.

Juanito said on Jul. 30, 2012

linkdude20002001 is right. The EarthBound song is based on an American folk song. The show is probably using the original folk song, not the EarthBound rendition.

OKeijiDragon said on Jul. 30, 2012

Yeah, I don’t see what’s the point of bringing this up at EBC when it’s using the original piece.

Douglas said on Jul. 30, 2012

This sounds more like Dallas Rag than the drugstore song. They’re nearly identical songs, but not quite.

Furball200x said on Aug. 24, 2012

The Drugstore song is the Beatle’s “when I’m 64.”

Giygas's failure said on Sep. 14, 2012

Wait what..

• Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
  • NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
  • Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
  • Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...