June 10th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

Zack sent this in recently:

I ran across this guy’s Youtube page while on Facebook. He makes original music using certain video game soundfonts(like Final fantasy 6). The link I’m submitting is his original Earthbound song. It’s quite good, and seems like it could fit into the game very well!

I’m in love with new compositions that use EarthBound’s sounds, even now I still listen to this amazing album on a regular basis. So, to all you composers out there, keep ’em coming!

10 Comments to Stargazing Sage

MaxOfS2D said on Jun. 10, 2012

Looks like the video embed is wrong, this should be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjx5TRmNgk

Mato said on Jun. 10, 2012

Yeah, I done fixed it 😛 You’re fast!

SoulSlappy said on Jun. 10, 2012

Going to be honest, I love this guy’s stuff. I especially love the other song he did with the EB soundfont, so deep!

DJMankiewicz said on Jun. 10, 2012

This is a good song, but I think it sounds more like something from Donkey Kong Country myself.

MikAve94 said on Jun. 10, 2012

This video is a response to Earthbound – Kraken Of The Sea uploaded by constantlimit.

Is it a remix of Kraken of the Sea? I think I can hear parts of it.

Kyle said on Jun. 10, 2012

I hear the Donkey Kong vibe to this too, but nice sound regardless 🙂

BusterTheFox said on Jun. 11, 2012

@DJMankiewicz: I totally agree. Actually, it only sounds a little bit like Earthbound to me… Even considering it uses the same sounds. Well, it’s a neat idea, anyway.

Anonymous said on Jun. 11, 2012

Sounds a like earthbound and dkc

nick said on Jun. 11, 2012

Sounds like earthbound and dkc

Kyle said on Jan. 12, 2013

Anybody know when they will make this soundfont midi compatible for GM banks?