Poll: Favorite Place in EarthBound
While translating MOTHER 3, we came across a stat called “Kindness” that seemed to be unused. It doesn’t show up in the final game, but apparently it will appear in really crazy cases, like if you glitch the game and gain a ton of levels at once:
I *still* don’t know what this stat is for, if there’s actually a variable for it in the game anymore, or anything else. Maybe one of these days we’ll figure out the mystery, but if you have any ideas, please share them!
Maybe related, maybe not, but there’s also apparently an unused battle command called something like “Consider” or “Give consideration”. I wonder if they’re connected somehow.
Other Related Posts:
28 Comments to MOTHER 3’s Kindness Stat
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...