EarthBound Price Update (Aug 2012)
While translating MOTHER 3, we came across a stat called “Kindness” that seemed to be unused. It doesn’t show up in the final game, but apparently it will appear in really crazy cases, like if you glitch the game and gain a ton of levels at once:
I *still* don’t know what this stat is for, if there’s actually a variable for it in the game anymore, or anything else. Maybe one of these days we’ll figure out the mystery, but if you have any ideas, please share them!
Maybe related, maybe not, but there’s also apparently an unused battle command called something like “Consider” or “Give consideration”. I wonder if they’re connected somehow.
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to MOTHER 3′s Kindness Stat
Leave a reply
- NESter: Ugh…why Mother 1+2? The graphics are squashed, the sound degraded…I can’t stand the “fuzzy” sound of the Game...
- Gooptek: Holy crap yes Dreams become true
- Brandon: This looks better than the NES version in so many ways! They should try Earthbound using Mother 3′s graphics. It would be so cool....
- Mato: I think it’s 1+2 only, as it uses my translation tools to insert the text.
- NANASHI89: Will this be for the Famicom version, or for both 1 & 2 on the GBA?