June 21st, 2012 | EarthBound, Images, Uncommon Knowledge

Over at N-Sider, Brandon has posted about a Mach Pizza reference in the Evangelion anime. I’d never heard about this little tidbit before, so this is cool 😀

15 Comments to Mach Pizza Cameo in Evangelion

Ostricho said on Jun. 21, 2012

No one is safe from Earthbound. Nwehehehehe!

Lisa said on Jun. 21, 2012

OMG. What an amazing little detail! <3

BigDream said on Jun. 21, 2012

This here is Mach Pizaaaaaaaaa! LOL

Anonymous said on Jun. 21, 2012

Pretty sweet.

NecrosaroIII said on Jun. 21, 2012

Was it called Mach Pizza in the Japanese version of Mother 2?

Mato said on Jun. 21, 2012

Amras Felagund said on Jun. 21, 2012

That would be episode 12. I just checked the two-and-a-half minute mark of each episode till I saw the Mach Pizza mark.

flintsdoorknob said on Jun. 22, 2012

For some reason I always thought that Kom, Susser, Todd sounded like the Magypsy theme, but I think they were both based on a Proco Harem song.

This sort of blows my mind, because there’s no way this is just a coincidence.

flintsdoorknob said on Jun. 22, 2012

Also, cue the fan theories that will say Evangelion and Mother are in the same universe.

Pokemon has a reference to Evangelion in it’s newest game with Genesect, and references to the Mother series. Mother 3 has possible references to Evangelion. (Probably just coincidences though. And Evangelion has a reference to Mother 2.

There was a point to this comment, but I can’t remember what it was.

Jason said on Jun. 22, 2012

Great discovery!

flintsdoorknob said on Jun. 22, 2012

Also two enemies near the ending of Mother 3 look like angels from Eva.

Kyle said on Jun. 22, 2012

@flintsdoorknob – Are you referring to A Whiter Shade Of Pale? – love that song/group!

Kyle said on Jun. 22, 2012

Komm, Süsser Tod also reminds me a bit of Let ’em In by Paul McCartney

Brandon said on Jun. 23, 2012

Thanks for reading! I could hardly believe I hadn’t noticed it before once it popped up on the screen. I knew one day that having watched the whole series four or five times would be worth it.

Sable said on Dec. 13, 2013

Komm, Susser Tod is based on the chord progression of Canon, as is the Magypsy theme.

Also, get in rhe damn pizza Shinji.