Swag Watch for Feb. 4, 2012
Over the past couple of days I’ve gotten a flurry of messages about a suspicious EarthBound cart on eBay:
Obviously this is isn’t a legit EarthBound cartridge, and the description certainly doesn’t help dispel any suspicion:
Item sold as is not tested item was a video game store returns clames what you see is item up for sell no returns or refunds sold as is as defective or untested game read before biding
This reproduction is obvious because of the crappy art, but there ARE some bootlegs out there that are meant to look like the real thing, as we learned here.
Also, if you’re looking to buy a cartridge on eBay or elsewhere, use the tips here to make sure you get a real cartridge.
Anyway, I figure this sort of thing’s going to happen more and more, so if you find any weird carts, let me know and I’ll share it here!
Other Related Posts:
33 Comments to Fake EarthBound Cart for Sale
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues