MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

June 28th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Videos

A couple people sent this in yesterday: EarthBound music played at a wedding:

From the YouTube description, it sounds like this was a surprise for the groom.

It seems the wave of EarthBound stuff at weddings continues to grow as us old fans get up there in age. Will that trend continue to other life events…?

15 Comments to EarthBound Music at a Wedding

September said on Jun. 28, 2012

Aww, that’s so sweet – and cool! Now this is why I hope that my future husband also loves the MOTHER series.

2Sang said on Jun. 28, 2012

D’aww

Ra said on Jun. 28, 2012

I has the perfect name.

Ra said on Jun. 28, 2012

Mistake:
“IT” has the perfect name.

resetsurvivor said on Jun. 28, 2012

I was able to get the fairy fountain (Zelda) to play for when my wife walked down the aisle. I don’t think I could get two video game songs in at our wedding or a Mother song definitely would have been the choice.

Bionic said on Jun. 28, 2012

That’s really adorable. I hope they stay together forever. 🙂

KA Gamer said on Jun. 28, 2012

I love seeing things like this! Thanks for sharing.

pk_stan said on Jun. 28, 2012

I know it’s not nearly as cool, but I wore a Runaway 5 t-shirt for our whole wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. 😛

Halloween said on Jun. 28, 2012

At my funeral all the lights will be off except a spotlight on me.
The game over music will play and whoever has the microphone will say IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR HEAD HANDED TO YOU.

Ness1985 said on Jun. 28, 2012

^LOL

Carl said on Jun. 29, 2012

The description says it was a surprise *from* the groom. I presume that means that the bride is an Earthbound fan, as well.

Buster The Fox said on Jun. 29, 2012

“THAT’S the song you picked!? It’s from a game!!” Lol, awesome quote from a hater who’s gonna hate. I wish I could play the 16 melodies from the ending credits for my wedding. But what are the chances I meet a girl awesome enough? Haha

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Jun. 30, 2012

When i get married i will have an EarthBound theme wedding and i don’t care what my wife wants. I will be wearing a ness hat and she will wear a big bow and she will hold a teddy bear

MrMaynard said on Jul. 2, 2012

Hello all! I was the one who uploaded that video.

Yes this was a surprise to us all at the wedding. He was up the night before nervous and listening to music to calm down when somehow this played. He said it had to be played.

I have to say excellent choice.

Here’s a quick photo of the bride and groom while I photobombed them. http://i.imgur.com/IVHoF.jpg

Jinxkatty7 said on Jul. 9, 2012

I would totally do something like that if I ever have a wedding! I know my mom would think it would be hillarious/cute… T_T