June 8th, 2012 | EarthBound, Images, MOTHER 1

Yesterday we saw an EarthBound Zero thing in the latest Game Informer, and today here’s a look at EarthBound stuff in the latest Nintendo Power!

I’m still not 100% sure about what the “best title” thing refers to, they could’ve made it clearer. Is it referring to the game’s actual titles, or the games themselves? I think it’d be the former, but the language is vague.

The Mr. Saturn/EarthBound game cases are really cool too, she did a great job!

24 Comments to EarthBound in Nintendo Power 279

Nyx said on Jun. 8, 2012

There was that poll….. do you think all the percents for MOTHER came from kenisu?

Ninten said on Jun. 8, 2012

Wow two magizens with earthbound. Posted a day after the other one

2Sang said on Jun. 8, 2012

2 articles in 2 days? Please be a sign of something to come.
I’d love for retrostudios to be working on something, but chances are slim to none for that happenning

EarthBoundfanman said on Jun. 8, 2012

Its cool to see two magazines articles in two days. Its nice how Nintendo acknowledged the game and something a fan made. I doubt it, but really hope these articles are trying to hype the game because of a rerelease. Maybe I’ll call Nintendo later asking about the game, to see if they say anything different than normal.

KingDarian said on Jun. 8, 2012

I’m 95% sure they mean the actual title of the game, otherwise they would have asked “which game is better?”

Earthbounder said on Jun. 8, 2012

Man oh man this kinda got my hopes up but yea that mr. Saturn this is pretty cool

naja said on Jun. 8, 2012

Yeah I think it was which title was better.
I voted Mother, but it was obvious people were going to choose EarthBound due to nostalgia 😛

Stuffgamer1 said on Jun. 8, 2012

I’m in the “title, not game comparison” group for sure. And I did vote EarthBound…but I think the naming is complicated. If they ever released a compilation, I’d want it to be called the EarthBound Collection, but I’d still want Mother 3 to be called Mother 3. Yeah, weird, I know. But EarthBound remains the only title the series is OFFICIALLY known as in America (complete with Mother 3-related things in Brawl being labeled “EarthBound”), and I think they should keep that as the MAIN brand, while still eventually acknowledging the “Mother” title as well.

Pokey Means Buisness said on Jun. 8, 2012

If I ever had to choose between the name or title for either, I’d have SO much trouble deciding. XD

BusterTheFox said on Jun. 8, 2012

Hah, I remember taking that poll. I see my choice won very clearly. Also, it seems my favorite Sonic character also won!! 😀 Anyway, I doubt this really means anything for us. EB was at the top of the Most Wanted for VC for… A bunch of times. Of course, there’s the legal trouble. If they made a re-make of all three for a compilation, they would be able to change all of those things that they’re worried about. I personally wouldn’t mind that at all to have all three in English, even if it’s all kinds of censored up.

BusterTheFox said on Jun. 8, 2012

^ I never really got to the point. D: I don’t think Nintendo Power really has much to do with Nintendo anymore. I mean, Nintendo isn’t even publishing it anymore (another company is). But, of course, I would die of excitement if they announced what we’re all hoping for.

yani said on Jun. 8, 2012

Would be amazing if this is a sign of something. Please give us Mother love Nintendo!!

eb freak said on Jun. 8, 2012

There is NO chance that this would be to hype up fans for a re-release Nintendo will NOT release earthbound again and i am fairly sure about it…

Guy said on Jun. 8, 2012

Am I the only one who likes MOTHER more than EarthBound?? >.>

Ninten said on Jun. 9, 2012

@eb freak you are right. Nintendo won’t re-release earthbound mainly do to copyright problems and they lost money on the game.

Ninten said on Jun. 9, 2012

@ eb freak you are right. Nintendo won’t re-release earthbound mainly do to copyright problems and they lost money on the game.

Bucky said on Jun. 9, 2012

Well, Eb Freak, I’m glad you settled that matter for us. Now everyone can stop hoping and get on with their lives.

Deraj626 said on Jun. 9, 2012

When you took the poll itself it said, “Which title is better?”

RandomGuardian said on Jun. 9, 2012

If I were to name the earthbound games I would name them Mother, Mother 2, and Mother 3 just for the sake of consistency. The catch is that I would name all three the “Earthbound Trilogy” 😛 It makes sense when you think about it and clears up confusion. Of course people would still call Mother 2 earthbound but it wouldn’t cause to much confusion.

Also anyone else notice earthbound making a comeback lately?

eb freak said on Jun. 9, 2012

Plus people we have all the games in english so who really cares if it isnt released by the big cheese..

Bucky said on Jun. 10, 2012

Because, eb freak, wouldn’t it be nice to have affordable, physical English copies?

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Jun. 12, 2012

Can i have that

Chuggaaconroy jr said on Jun. 12, 2012

and ya eb freak there is no way i can afford to go to japan to get mother 3 and mother 1 & 2 (i know its plus but i don’t know where plus is) then fly back and put the english patch on the japanese version btw i don’t use ebay

PixelPockets said on Jun. 12, 2012

HEY! I made those earthbound containers that were in Nintendo Power.. and am sad that they put no address to my blog or etsy store =(

Buut I really do exist! the wii game container is for sale on my store and I enjoy making many many game related containers =D