Random Post:

EarthBound Zero Remake

June 26th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, Hacking, MOTHER 1

H.S and Snyderman recently made some music for the EarthBound Zero remake hack. These probably aren’t final or anything, but check them out anyway!

Introduction / Title Screen

(Download)

Wisdom of the World / Queen Mary’s Castle

(Download)

Game Over

(Download)

Monkey Caves

(Download)

Live House

(Download)

Hacking EarthBound’s music is one of the worst, hardest things ever. Being able to plunk out a basic melody is the most I’ve ever been able to do, so hearing these is like, wow! Especially the use of weird sound effects and such, similar to what EarthBound’s music does. So good job, guys! It’s also great to hear these tunes using EarthBound’s instruments 😀

As always, if you want to keep up-to-date with the remake hack project, keep an eye on this thread!

12 Comments to Early EB0 Remake Music

RKSS said on Jun. 26, 2012

Some of them kind of sound like they’re from an MS-DOS game 😀

Karadom said on Jun. 26, 2012

With this and the highly promising Mother 4 fangame, I’d say that the American Mother fan has a lot to look forward to.

BigDream said on Jun. 26, 2012

I liked the Wisdom of the world best! =D

David B. said on Jun. 26, 2012

Beautiful… simply beautiful music.

TragicManner said on Jun. 26, 2012

Love how these sound very distinct to the resources available in Earthbound for music, but absolutely feel like faithful ports, just like you’d see in the ports of games back in the late 80s and early 90s between platforms. The tempo is surprisingly close on them, as well!

Buster The Fox said on Jun. 26, 2012

I’m glad I got linked to the thread; I’ve always been really interested in this, but I never could find any non-outdated info. I should go to the starmen forums more!

ninten said on Jun. 26, 2012

The intro could use some work. It sounds kinda mono like.

H.S said on Jun. 26, 2012

I should mention that some of these songs are unfinished. Snyderman was going to make the basic framework for the songs first, and then flesh them out later.

357 said on Jun. 26, 2012

always loved the game over theme and now its remade 🙂 just made my day

TheMrSaturnGuy said on Jun. 26, 2012

Nice Work! Can’t wait till’ the finished product is ready!

Porky Means Business said on Jun. 27, 2012

These sound so smooth and high quality! They did great with the music! 🙂

Radic said on Jun. 28, 2012

Mato, why didn’t you decide to use Mr.Tenda’s version 😉

(It was a joke btw for readers)