Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 18, 2010
There’s a trick in MOTHER 2 (and probably EarthBound, but I haven’t tested it) that allows Ness to go through most of the game still in his pajamas!
Here’s a Japanese video of it in action:
(click to view video)
Basically, the trick works like this:
- You’ll need to prepare two save files. One at the very start of the game where Ness is still in his pajamas and one at a point in the game where you can do the walk through stairs glitch.
- Do the walk through stairs glitch in the second save file.
- If you did the stairs glitch at the bottom of the stairs, don’t walk to coordinates above where you went through the stairs. If you did the glitch at the top of the stairs, don’t walk to coordinates below where you went through the stairs. This is because doing so will send you back to your original coordinates (we actually use this fact a few steps from now, though).
- Once you’ve walked through the stairs, basically just wait until your HP goes down and you die.
- When you’re asked to continue in the game over screen, say no.
- You’ll get taken back to the title screen. Go through it and load up the first save file.
- The stairs glitch will still be in effect, and you’ll be thrown back to position where you entered the stairs in your second save. Except it’ll just be Ness by himself, in his pajamas!
- I’m not 100% sure, but I think if you save the game Ness will go back to his regular clothes.
Again, I haven’t tested this with EarthBound, but I’m fairly confident it’ll work. If someone can test it out, that’d be swell. I bet this trick can be used for other neat things too, so be creative!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Stay in Your Pajamas Trick
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...