The MOTHER 3 E-mail
I often get e-mails from people who’ve e-mailed Nintendo asking about EarthBound/MOTHER stuff, so I figure it’s about time to post something about it 😛
Alexander e-mailed me the other day with this:
Hi EarthBound Central! I just recently asked the Nintendo Support team if Mother or Earthbound was going to be released at VC, and I pointed out that no other company has been sued for using pop music in video games. This was their response witch may explain why they have not yet been touching on WHY it has not been released:
I can see why you want to see the Mother/Earthbound series released in the Americas, but at this time we have no plans to release them in this market, either on disc or via download. Additionally, we do not have any details regarding why the games have not been made available here, so I’m unable to confirm or deny any rumors you may have heard.
I realize this is disappointing, but your comments have been documented and made available for other departments here to use as they see fit.
From my experience, that’s pretty much the kind of response everyone gets when asking about EarthBound or MOTHER stuff – I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some sort of template they use. I wonder if they really do “document” and “make available” this stuff though, or if that’s just corporate speak for something else.
Other Related Posts:
54 Comments to Responses from Nintendo
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.