The T-Rex’s Bat Challenge
May 25th, 2012 | MOTHER 3
Erik Foss recently sent me this e-mail out of the blue:
A while back I wrote a paper on Mother 3 for a class I was taking at DigiPen Institute of Technology. Last October, I was invited to show it at the Game Developers Conference in Austin, Texas as part of their Interactive Narrative Summit. They paid for my pass and everything, which was pretty great. And incidentally, a lot of the developers I spoke with said they really appreciated the fan translation.
Anyway, I had neglected to put the paper up on my Web site until just recently and thought you and the EarthBound Central community might find it worth a look. So, here’s the link: http://www.erikfoss.net/
Check it out, it’s a nice read and not too long
Having this kind of stuff at a developer’s conference is a really cool idea now that I think about it – breaking games apart and looking at what works and doesn’t work when it comes to storytelling will hopefully help developers with their own stories down the line.
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER 3 Analysis at GDC
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound (Super Nintendo, SNES RPG) Cart Only - Tested with working saves!
- EarthboundCakes: Speaking of hacks and hacking tools, when are we going to get the hacking tools for Mother 3 like we got for Mother 1+2? I believe...
- professional seo services in Watford: Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the very good works...
- DJMankiewicz: KingMike, it appears that at the very least, the third revision of the Pro Action Replay can alter other addresses. I know I could...
- Jdaster64: I can’t imagine I’d ever get tired of battles starting with “AAH! Enemy name!”
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: This is for uyuyuy99: there’s an EarthBound Zero ROM map at http://datacrystal.romhacki...