May 3rd, 2012 | Auctions, EarthBound, Videos

OKeijiDragon pointed out to me that a Laserdisc version of a Super Famicom preview collection is currently for sale on eBay here.

(click for more info/pics)

What’s interesting about this is that it has the MOTHER 2 preview video on it – I subbed it a while back:

That was taken from a VHS version, but with the above Laserdisc version, it’d be possible to get a much cleaner-looking video and better-sounding audio! I’d love to get ahold of it, the only problem is that it’s $80 and that it requires a Laserdisc player, neither of which I have 🙁

So if anyone out there has any spare money and/or a Laserdisc player, consider picking this up? Pretty please? *puppy-dog eyes*

13 Comments to MOTHER 2 Preview on Laserdisc

KingDarian said on May. 3, 2012

I am very tempted. I don’t have a LD player, but always wanted to pick one up when I had the spare cash. Even though I already have this on VHS, I would not mind owning this version.

Ness1985 said on May. 3, 2012

Just watching that, I can SMELL the 90’s and nostalgia.

Carl said on May. 3, 2012

And I promise that ripping the Mother 2 promo video (http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/11/mother-2-promo-vhs-tape-for-sale/) from last year is still on my to-do list!

Poe said on May. 3, 2012

Yay Carl! 😀

Vollnut-3 said on May. 3, 2012

Is that a unused song when Scarraba pops up?

Bucky said on May. 3, 2012

Jesus, does Itoi ever give details about his work?

Mac said on May. 3, 2012

Wow!!!! that’s awesome. Can someone tell me when this interview was taken? Im asking because some parts or the game looks different. is that because it’s mother 2 or it’s it from early in the games development?

lessten said on May. 3, 2012

I would buy this, I have the cash. But no Laser Disc player.

BB Gang Zombie said on May. 3, 2012

@Mac –Somewhere between ’92-’93, obviously, unless it wasn’t created for the disc and just ended up on there; I’d guess the end of 1992, though. It’s likely near the end of the year, previewing games scheduled for next year’s release. I’m not sure if it was created for the disc alone or not, but if it wasn’t, it could be as early as ’91, even. The back of the box might supply more information, but I doubt it knowing our luck… But the game went through major revisions in the final year or two from what I can tell, so it seems likely to be 1992 or ’91.

Jason said on May. 3, 2012
Jason said on May. 3, 2012

x_x Sorry.. didn’t realize the link wouldn’t line break. Feel free to delete the post and replace it with this link:

The wikipedia info citing that this disk was made in 12/1992 (Japanese).

OKeijiDragon said on May. 4, 2012

“I bought it; I have a couple of Laserdisc players in storage. I’ll try to get a decent rip of it some time.

And I promise that ripping the Mother 2 promo video (http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/11/mother-2-promo-vhs-tape-for-sale/) from last year is still on my to-do list.”

I’ll hold you to that, Carl. Thanks for snatching it up before a rouge buyer bought it. Please let us now when you receive the disc. =)

NecrosaroIII said on May. 4, 2012

Man, that interviewer was mean.

“Is there buried gold”

Totally snide remark because Itoi failed to find the gold >_>