EarthBound Reshuffler 1.0 Released
Popular Posts:None found
A Swedish EarthBound fan by the name of Anders recently sent me a big ol’ PDF file containing scans of magazines that covered EarthBound and EarthBound-related stuff. Here’s what Anders says:
The first two pages contain a (US import) review of Earthbound from the magazine Super POWER, #11 1995. […] A two-reviewer system was used and, as can be seen in the two boxes left of the final verdict, the two reviewers were not in agreement.
The first reviewer complains that the game is too childish and that its ‘hamburger-and-coca-cola theme prevents the right feeling of commitment for the mission at hand’ (score 67). The second reviewer mainly commends the game for its bold step away from the classic RPG themes with dragons and ‘malevolent gnomes’, and its humor (score 90).
I noted that this review is, both regarding layout and text content, near-identical to the finnish Super POWER review you have posted before (link), but the reviewers’ scores are different – which is strange, because it’s the same reviewers!?!
The third page contains a clipping from Super PLAY (the successor to Super POWER) #13, March 1997. It says that Mother 3 has officially been assigned the subtitle ‘Forest of Chimera’, and that the game will arrive ‘a few months’ after the release of the 64DD.
The fourth page is a page from Super PLAY #23, January 1998. It’s part of the coverage of Space World trade show, and there is a comment about how ‘Mother 3 and Super Mario RPG 2 [Paper Mario] will hopefully silence all those who say that there aren’t any proper RPGs for the N64’. A picture can also be seen in the lower left, with a caption saying that the game will probably be named Earthbound 64 in Europe.
You can check out the file here!
I find it funny how the reviewers’ scores changed between the two versions. I’m not sure why that would’ve happened – anyone got any ideas?
Anyway, I always love seeing old magazine scans featuring EarthBound stuff, so if you know of any that haven’t posted yet, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to EarthBound Scans from Sweden
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.